Implementing newer agents for the management of castrate-resistant prostate cancer: what is known and what is needed?
AffiliationUniversity Hospital, Saint Etienne, France
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractMen receiving androgen-deprivation therapy will in time develop metastatic castrate-resistant prostate cancer (mCRPC). Whilst effective treatment options for mCRPC have traditionally been limited, new agents are becoming available. Since 2010, the number and class of agents available to treat mCRPC has increased dramatically. As such, there is a need for clear guidance on the optimum treatment and sequence of treatments for mCRPC before and after chemotherapy. This evidence-based statement, reflecting the views of the authors, provides suggestions on the continued relevance of conventional approaches to first- and second-line treatment in mCRPC, the potential role of novel treatments, and factors that may influence the choice of hormonal agents and/or chemotherapy.
CitationImplementing newer agents for the management of castrate-resistant prostate cancer: what is known and what is needed? 2015, 115 (3):364-72 BJU Int
- Second-line treatment options in metastatic castration-resistant prostate cancer: a comparison of key trials with recently approved agents.
- Authors: Bahl A, Masson S, Birtle A, Chowdhury S, de Bono J
- Issue date: 2014 Feb
- Management of castrate-resistant prostate cancer in older men.
- Authors: Ged Y, Horgan AM
- Issue date: 2016 Mar
- Optimal management of metastatic castration-resistant prostate cancer: highlights from a European Expert Consensus Panel.
- Authors: Fitzpatrick JM, Bellmunt J, Fizazi K, Heidenreich A, Sternberg CN, Tombal B, Alcaraz A, Bahl A, Bracarda S, Di Lorenzo G, Efstathiou E, Finn SP, Fosså S, Gillessen S, Kellokumpu-Lehtinen PL, Lecouvet FE, Oudard S, de Reijke TM, Robson CN, De Santis M, Seruga B, de Wit R
- Issue date: 2014 Jun
- Cytotoxic chemotherapy in the contemporary management of metastatic castration-resistant prostate cancer (mCRPC).
- Authors: Sonpavde G, Wang CG, Galsky MD, Oh WK, Armstrong AJ
- Issue date: 2015 Jul
- Sequencing current therapies in the treatment of metastatic prostate cancer.
- Authors: Valenca LB, Sweeney CJ, Pomerantz MM
- Issue date: 2015 Apr