Allogeneic transplant following brentuximab vedotin in patients with relapsed or refractory Hodgkin lymphoma and systemic anaplastic large cell lymphoma.
AuthorsIllidge, Timothy M
AffiliationInstitute of Cancer Sciences, Manchester University , Manchester , UK
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractBrentuximab vedotin is an antibody drug conjugate that induces durable objective responses in patients with relapsed or refractory Hodgkin lymphoma and systemic anaplastic large cell lymphoma. Fifteen of 160 patients who participated in two pivotal phase 2 studies received a consolidative allogeneic stem cell transplant (allo-SCT) following brentuximab vedotin treatment. This case series describes their experience. The studies were approved by Institutional Review Boards prior to patient enrollment. Patients received 1.8 mg/kg brentuximab vedotin every 3 weeks for up to 16 cycles. The estimated 2-year progression-free survival (PFS) rate was 66%, and the median PFS has not yet been reached. Eleven of the 15 patients were alive and the estimated 2-year survival rate was 80%. The safety of brentuximab vedotin treatment in this series was consistent with the known safety profile in this setting. Brentuximab vedotin is a compelling option for reducing tumor burden to facilitate a consolidative allo-SCT.
CitationAllogeneic transplant following brentuximab vedotin in patients with relapsed or refractory Hodgkin lymphoma and systemic anaplastic large cell lymphoma. 2015, 56 (3):703-10 Leuk Lymphoma
JournalLeukemia & Lymphoma
- Use of brentuximab vedotin as salvage therapy pre-allogeneic stem cell transplantation in relapsed/refractory CD30 positive lympho-proliferative disorders: a single centre experience.
- Authors: Mediwake H, Morris K, Curley C, Butler J, Kennedy G
- Issue date: 2017 May
- The European Medicines Agency Review of Brentuximab Vedotin (Adcetris) for the Treatment of Adult Patients With Relapsed or Refractory CD30+ Hodgkin Lymphoma or Systemic Anaplastic Large Cell Lymphoma: Summary of the Scientific Assessment of the Committee for Medicinal Products for Human Use.
- Authors: Gravanis I, Tzogani K, van Hennik P, de Graeff P, Schmitt P, Mueller-Berghaus J, Salmonson T, Gisselbrecht C, Laane E, Bergmann L, Pignatti F
- Issue date: 2016 Jan
- Brentuximab vedotin plus bendamustine in relapsed or refractory Hodgkin's lymphoma: an international, multicentre, single-arm, phase 1-2 trial.
- Authors: O'Connor OA, Lue JK, Sawas A, Amengual JE, Deng C, Kalac M, Falchi L, Marchi E, Turenne I, Lichtenstein R, Rojas C, Francescone M, Schwartz L, Cheng B, Savage KJ, Villa D, Crump M, Prica A, Kukreti V, Cremers S, Connors JM, Kuruvilla J
- Issue date: 2018 Feb
- Brentuximab vedotin in refractory CD30+ lymphomas: a bridge to allogeneic transplantation in approximately one quarter of patients treated on a Named Patient Programme at a single UK center.
- Authors: Gibb A, Jones C, Bloor A, Kulkarni S, Illidge T, Linton K, Radford J
- Issue date: 2013 Apr
- Brentuximab vedotin for paediatric relapsed or refractory Hodgkin's lymphoma and anaplastic large-cell lymphoma: a multicentre, open-label, phase 1/2 study.
- Authors: Locatelli F, Mauz-Koerholz C, Neville K, Llort A, Beishuizen A, Daw S, Pillon M, Aladjidi N, Klingebiel T, Landman-Parker J, Medina-Sanson A, August K, Sachs J, Hoffman K, Kinley J, Song S, Song G, Zhang S, Suri A, Gore L
- Issue date: 2018 Oct