Effectiveness of thyroid gland shielding in dental CBCT using a paediatric anthropomorphic phantom.
AffiliationSchool of Dentistry, University of Manchester, Manchester, UK
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractThe purpose of the study is to evaluate the effectiveness of thyroid shielding in dental CBCT examinations using a paediatric anthropomorphic phantom.
CitationEffectiveness of thyroid gland shielding in dental CBCT using a paediatric anthropomorphic phantom. 2015, 44 (3):20140285 Dentomaxillofac Radiol
JournalDento Maxillo Facial Radiology
- Effect of leaded glasses and thyroid shielding on cone beam CT radiation dose in an adult female phantom.
- Authors: Goren AD, Prins RD, Dauer LT, Quinn B, Al-Najjar A, Faber RD, Patchell G, Branets I, Colosi DC
- Issue date: 2013
- Thyroid shields for radiation dose reduction during cone beam computed tomography scanning for different oral and maxillofacial regions.
- Authors: Qu X, Li G, Zhang Z, Ma X
- Issue date: 2012 Mar
- Radiation dose to the thyroid gland and breast from multidetector computed tomography of the cervical spine: does bismuth shielding with and without a cervical collar reduce dose?
- Authors: Gunn ML, Kanal KM, Kolokythas O, Anzai Y
- Issue date: 2009 Nov-Dec
- Estimation of paediatric organ and effective doses from dental cone beam CT using anthropomorphic phantoms.
- Authors: Theodorakou C, Walker A, Horner K, Pauwels R, Bogaerts R, Jacobs R, SEDENTEXCT Project Consortium.
- Issue date: 2012 Feb
- Patient radiation protection covers for head CT scans - a clinical evaluation of their effectiveness.
- Authors: Liebmann M, Lüllau T, Kluge A, Poppe B, von Boetticher H
- Issue date: 2014 Nov