Vandetanib with FOLFIRI in patients with advanced colorectal adenocarcinoma: results from an open-label, multicentre Phase I study.
AffiliationChristie Hospital, Wilmslow Road, Manchester, M20 4BX, UK, Mark.Saunders@christie.nhs.uk.
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractPURPOSE: The safety and tolerability of vandetanib (ZACTIMAtrade mark; ZD6474) plus FOLFIRI was investigated in patients with advanced colorectal cancer (CRC). METHODS: Patients eligible for first- or second-line chemotherapy received once-daily oral doses of vandetanib (100 or 300 mg) plus 14-day treatment cycles of FOLFIRI. RESULTS: A total of 21 patients received vandetanib 100 mg (n = 11) or 300 mg (n = 10) + FOLFIRI. Combination therapy was well tolerated at both vandetanib dose levels. There were no DLTs in the vandetanib 100 mg cohort and one DLT of hypertension (CTCAE grade 3) in the 300 mg cohort. The most common adverse events were diarrhoea (n = 20), nausea (n = 12) and fatigue (n = 10). Two patients (one in each cohort) discontinued vandetanib due to adverse events (rash, 100 mg cohort; hypertension, 300 mg cohort). There was no apparent pharmacokinetic interaction between vandetanib and FOLFIRI. Preliminary efficacy results included two confirmed partial responses in the 100 mg cohort and 9 patients with stable disease >/=8 weeks (100 mg, n = 7; 300 mg, n = 2). CONCLUSIONS: Once-daily vandetanib (100 or 300 mg) in combination with a standard FOLFIRI regimen was generally well tolerated in patients with advanced CRC.
CitationVandetanib with FOLFIRI in patients with advanced colorectal adenocarcinoma: results from an open-label, multicentre Phase I study. 2009: Cancer Chemother. Pharmacol.
JournalCancer Chemotherapy and Pharmacology
- Open-label phase I trial of vandetanib in combination with mFOLFOX6 in patients with advanced colorectal cancer.
- Authors: Michael M, Gibbs P, Smith R, Godwood A, Oliver S, Tebbutt N
- Issue date: 2009 Jun
- Pharmacokinetics and tolerability of vandetanib in Chinese patients with solid, malignant tumors: an open-label, phase I, rising multiple-dose study.
- Authors: Zhang L, Li S, Zhang Y, Zhan J, Zou BY, Smith R, Martin PD, Jiang Y, Liao H, Guan Z
- Issue date: 2011 Mar
- A randomized, double-blind, phase IIa dose-finding study of Vandetanib (ZD6474) in Japanese patients with non-small cell lung cancer.
- Authors: Kiura K, Nakagawa K, Shinkai T, Eguchi K, Ohe Y, Yamamoto N, Tsuboi M, Yokota S, Seto T, Jiang H, Nishio K, Saijo N, Fukuoka M
- Issue date: 2008 Apr
- SAFETY AND TOLERABILITY OF VANDETANIB IN JAPANESE PATIENTS WITH MEDULLARY THYROID CANCER: A PHASE I/II OPEN-LABEL STUDY.
- Authors: Uchino K, Komoda M, Tomomatsu J, Okamoto T, Horiuchi K, Tsuji A, Ito Y, Todo T, Rito K, Takahashi S
- Issue date: 2017 Feb
- Phase I trial of irinotecan, infusional 5-fluorouracil, and leucovorin (FOLFIRI) with erlotinib (OSI-774): early termination due to increased toxicities.
- Authors: Messersmith WA, Laheru DA, Senzer NN, Donehower RC, Grouleff P, Rogers T, Kelley SK, Ramies DA, Lum BL, Hidalgo M
- Issue date: 2004 Oct 1