THOC5 couples M-CSF receptor signaling to transcription factor expression.
Gonzalez Sanchez, M Belen
Hamzah, Hajja G
Whetton, Anthony D
AffiliationStem Cell and Leukaemia Proteomics laboratory, Faculty of Medical and Human Sciences, University of Manchester, Christie Hospital, Wilmslow Road, Manchester M20 9BX, UK.
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractTHOC5 is a nuclear/cytoplasmic protein member of the spliceosome complex which potentiates C/EBP expression in adipocyte differentiation. As C/EBP family members are important regulators of myelopoiesis and THOC5 is highly expressed in neutrophil/macrophage progenitor cells we assessed the role of THOC5 in cytokine-stimulated monocytic development. M-CSF stimulated maturation of the NFS60 cell line was associated with enhanced THOC5 expression and phosphorylation. THOC5 was also shown to form a complex with C/EBPbeta. Ectopic expression of THOC5 mimicked M-CSF mediated cell maturation and enhanced protein expression of the myeloid transcription factors C/EBPbeta, C/EBPalpha, Pu-1 and also GAB2 (a PI-3 Kinase and macrophage development regulator). Increased THOC5 expression also mimicked M-CSF stimulated increases in the lipid second messenger PtdInsP(3). Inhibition of THOC5-induced increases in PtdInsP(3) levels abrogated the elevated levels of C/EBPbeta. Thus THOC5 expression can potentiate receptor signalling to transcription factor expression and monocyte differentiation.
CitationTHOC5 couples M-CSF receptor signaling to transcription factor expression. 2009, 21 (2):309-16 Cell. Signal.
- THOC5 spliceosome protein: a target for leukaemogenic tyrosine kinases that affects inositol lipid turnover.
- Authors: Pierce A, Carney L, Hamza HG, Griffiths JR, Zhang L, Whetton BA, Gonzalez Sanchez MB, Tamura T, Sternberg D, Whetton AD
- Issue date: 2008 May
- Transcriptional regulation of immediate-early gene response by THOC5, a member of mRNA export complex, contributes to the M-CSF-induced macrophage differentiation.
- Authors: Tran DD, Saran S, Dittrich-Breiholz O, Williamson AJ, Klebba-Färber S, Koch A, Kracht M, Whetton AD, Tamura T
- Issue date: 2013 Oct 24
- CCAAT enhancer-binding protein (C/EBP) and AML1 (CBF alpha2) synergistically activate the macrophage colony-stimulating factor receptor promoter.
- Authors: Zhang DE, Hetherington CJ, Meyers S, Rhoades KL, Larson CJ, Chen HM, Hiebert SW, Tenen DG
- Issue date: 1996 Mar
- The interferon-inducible gene, Ifi204, is transcriptionally activated in response to M-CSF, and its expression favors macrophage differentiation in myeloid progenitor cells.
- Authors: Dauffy J, Mouchiroud G, Bourette RP
- Issue date: 2006 Jan
- Regulation of urokinase plasminogen activator gene transcription in the RAW264 murine macrophage cell line by macrophage colony-stimulating factor (CSF-1) is dependent upon the level of cell-surface receptor.
- Authors: Fowles LF, Stacey KJ, Marks D, Hamilton JA, Hume DA
- Issue date: 2000 Apr 1