High-sensitivity human papilloma virus genotyping reveals near universal positivity in anal squamous cell carcinoma: Different implications for vaccine prevention and prognosis.
Renehan, Andrew G
AffiliationViral Oncology Group, Institute of Cancer Sciences, University of Manchester, Manchester.
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractCharacterisation of human papilloma virus (HPV) infection in anal squamous cell carcinoma (ASCC) may have dual importance: first, aetiological; second, prognostic, informing outcome after chemo-radiotherapy (CRT). We undertook HPV genotyping, and allelic characterisations, to evaluate the aetiological role of HPV while simultaneously evaluating the impact of HPV genotyping on relapse-free (RFS) and overall survival (OS).
CitationHigh-sensitivity human papilloma virus genotyping reveals near universal positivity in anal squamous cell carcinoma: Different implications for vaccine prevention and prognosis. 2015: Eur J Cancer
JournalEuropean Journal of Cancer
- Human papillomavirus DNA load and p16INK4a expression predict for local control in patients with anal squamous cell carcinoma treated with chemoradiotherapy.
- Authors: Rödel F, Wieland U, Fraunholz I, Kitz J, Rave-Fränk M, Wolff HA, Weiss C, Wirtz R, Balermpas P, Fokas E, Rödel C
- Issue date: 2015 Jan 15
- Prognostic Relevance of HPV Infection and p16 Overexpression in Squamous Cell Anal Cancer.
- Authors: Mai S, Welzel G, Ottstadt M, Lohr F, Severa S, Prigge ES, Wentzensen N, Trunk MJ, Wenz F, von Knebel-Doeberitz M, Reuschenbach M
- Issue date: 2015 Nov 15
- The prognostic significance of tumor human papillomavirus status for patients with anal squamous cell carcinoma treated with combined chemoradiotherapy.
- Authors: Yhim HY, Lee NR, Song EK, Kwak JY, Lee ST, Kim JH, Kim JS, Park HS, Chung IJ, Shim HJ, Hwang JE, Kim HR, Nam TK, Park MR, Shim H, Park HS, Kim HS, Yim CY
- Issue date: 2011 Oct 1
- Human papillomavirus genotyping and p16 expression as prognostic factors for patients with American Joint Committee on Cancer stages I to III carcinoma of the anal canal.
- Authors: Serup-Hansen E, Linnemann D, Skovrider-Ruminski W, Høgdall E, Geertsen PF, Havsteen H
- Issue date: 2014 Jun 10
- Human Papillomavirus Genotyping of Incidental Malignant and Premalignant Lesions on Hemorrhoidectomy Specimens.
- Authors: Hui Y, Quddus MR, Murthy JN, Yang D, Sung CJ, Lu S, Resnick MB, Wang LJ
- Issue date: 2017 Mar