Tumor plasma flow determined by dynamic contrast-enhanced MRI predicts response to induction chemotherapy in head and neck cancer.
AuthorsBernstein, Jonathan M
Kershaw, Lucy E
Withey, Stephanie B
Lowe, Natalie M
Homer, Jarrod J
Slevin, Nicholas J
Bonington, Suzanne C
Carrington, Bernadette M
West, Catharine M L
AffiliationUniversity Department of Otolaryngology - Head & Neck Surgery, Manchester Academic Health Science Centre, University of Manchester.
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractNon-response to induction chemotherapy (IC) occurs in 30% of head and neck squamous cell carcinoma (HNSCC) and has been predicted by tumor plasma flow (Fp) derived by perfusion computed tomography. The present study was designed to test whether baseline tumor Fp determined by dynamic contrast-enhanced magnetic resonance imaging (DCE-MRI) would predict IC response.
CitationTumor plasma flow determined by dynamic contrast-enhanced MRI predicts response to induction chemotherapy in head and neck cancer. 2015: Oral Oncol
- Pre-treatment tumour perfusion parameters and initial RECIST response do not predict long-term survival outcomes for patients with head and neck squamous cell carcinoma treated with induction chemotherapy.
- Authors: Lowe NM, Kershaw LE, Bernstein JM, Withey SB, Mais K, Homer JJ, Slevin NJ, Bonington SC, Carrington BM, West CM
- Issue date: 2018
- Pretreatment diffusion-weighted and dynamic contrast-enhanced MRI for prediction of local treatment response in squamous cell carcinomas of the head and neck.
- Authors: Chawla S, Kim S, Dougherty L, Wang S, Loevner LA, Quon H, Poptani H
- Issue date: 2013 Jan
- Induction chemotherapy followed by concurrent chemoradiation in advanced squamous cell carcinoma of the head and neck: final results from a phase II study with docetaxel, cisplatin and 5-fluorouracil with a four-year follow-up.
- Authors: Rapidis AD, Trichas M, Stavrinidis E, Roupakia A, Ioannidou G, Kritselis G, Liossi P, Giannakouras G, Douzinas EE, Katsilieris I
- Issue date: 2006 Aug
- Volumetric regression ratio of the primary tumor and metastatic lymph nodes after induction chemotherapy predicts overall survival in head and neck squamous cell carcinoma: a retrospective analysis.
- Authors: Elicin O, Schmucking M, Bromme J, Rauch D, Ambarcioglu P, Plasswilm L, Geretschlager A, Ghadjar P, Giger R, Aebersold DM
- Issue date: 2016 Jan-Feb
- Early changes in functional dynamic magnetic resonance imaging predict for pathologic response to neoadjuvant chemotherapy in primary breast cancer.
- Authors: Ah-See ML, Makris A, Taylor NJ, Harrison M, Richman PI, Burcombe RJ, Stirling JJ, d'Arcy JA, Collins DJ, Pittam MR, Ravichandran D, Padhani AR
- Issue date: 2008 Oct 15