SEOM clinical guidelines for the diagnosis and treatment of gastroenteropancreatic neuroendocrine neoplasms (GEP-NENs) 2014.
AffiliationMedical Oncology Department, Hospital Universitario Virgen del Rocio, Instituto de Biomedicina de Sevilla
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractGEP-NENs are a challenging family of tumors of growing incidence and varied clinical management and behavior. Diagnostic techniques have substantially improved over the past decades and significant advances have been achieved in the understanding of the molecular pathways governing tumor initiation and progression. This has already translated into relevant advances in the clinic. This guideline aims to provide practical recommendations for the diagnosis and treatment of GEP-NENs. Diagnostic workup, histological and staging classifications, and the different available therapeutic approaches, including surgery, liver-directed ablative therapies, peptide receptor radionuclide therapy, and systemic hormonal, cytotoxic or targeted therapy, are briefly discussed in this manuscript. Clinical presentation (performance status, comorbidities, tumor-derived symptoms and hormone syndrome in functioning tumors), histological features [tumor differentiation, proliferation rate (Ki-67), and expression of somatostatin receptors], disease localization and extent, and resectability of primary and metastatic disease, are all key issues that shall be taken into consideration to appropriately tailor therapeutic strategies and surveillance of these patients.
CitationSEOM clinical guidelines for the diagnosis and treatment of gastroenteropancreatic neuroendocrine neoplasms (GEP-NENs) 2014. 2014, 16 (12):1025-34 Clin Transl Oncol
JournalClinical & Translational Oncology
- SEOM clinical guidelines for the diagnosis and treatment of gastroenteropancreatic and bronchial neuroendocrine neoplasms (NENs) (2018).
- Authors: González-Flores E, Serrano R, Sevilla I, Viúdez A, Barriuso J, Benavent M, Capdevila J, Jimenez-Fonseca P, López C, Garcia-Carbonero R
- Issue date: 2019 Jan
- SEOM clinical guidelines for the diagnosis and treatment of gastroenteropancreatic neuroendocrine tumours (GEP NETS).
- Authors: García-Carbonero R, Salazar R, Sevilla I, Isla D
- Issue date: 2011 Aug
- Neuroendocrine tumor disease: an evolving landscape.
- Authors: Frilling A, Akerström G, Falconi M, Pavel M, Ramos J, Kidd M, Modlin IM
- Issue date: 2012 Oct
- Neuroendocrine neoplasms of the gastrointestinal tract.
- Authors: Schott M, Klöppel G, Raffel A, Saleh A, Knoefel WT, Scherbaum WA
- Issue date: 2011 May
- [Polish diagnostic and therapeutic guidelines in gastroenteropancreatic neuroendocrine tumors (GEP NET)].
- Authors: Kos-Kudła B, Rada Ekspertów Polskiej Sieci Guzów Neuroendokrynnych.
- Issue date: 2006 May-Jun