Metastatic non-small-cell lung cancer: consensus on pathology and molecular tests, first-line, second-line, and third-line therapy: 1st ESMO Consensus Conference in Lung Cancer; Lugano 2010.
AffiliationDepartment of Oncology, Vall d'Hebron University Hospital, Barcelona, Spain
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractThe 1st ESMO Consensus Conference on lung cancer was held in Lugano, Switzerland on 21 and 22 May 2010 with the participation of a multidisciplinary panel of leading professionals in pathology and molecular diagnostics, medical oncology, surgical oncology and radiation oncology. Before the conference, the expert panel prepared clinically relevant questions concerning five areas: early and locally advanced non-small-cell lung cancer (NSCLC), first-line metastatic NSCLC, second-/third-line NSCLC, NSCLC pathology and molecular testing, and small-cell lung cancer to be addressed through discussion at the Consensus Conference. All relevant scientific literature for each question was reviewed in advance. During the Consensus Conference, the panel developed recommendations for each specific question. The consensus agreement on three of these areas: NSCLC pathology and molecular testing, the treatment of first-line, and second-line/third-line therapy in metastatic NSCLC are reported in this article. The recommendations detailed here are based on an expert consensus after careful review of published data. All participants have approved this final update.
CitationMetastatic non-small-cell lung cancer: consensus on pathology and molecular tests, first-line, second-line, and third-line therapy: 1st ESMO Consensus Conference in Lung Cancer; Lugano 2010. 2011, 22 (7):1507-19 Ann Oncol
JournalAnnals of Oncology
- 1st ESMO Consensus Conference in lung cancer; Lugano 2010: small-cell lung cancer.
- Authors: Stahel R, Thatcher N, Früh M, Le Péchoux C, Postmus PE, Sorensen JB, Felip E, Panel members.
- Issue date: 2011 Sep
- 2nd ESMO Consensus Conference on Lung Cancer: non-small-cell lung cancer first-line/second and further lines of treatment in advanced disease.
- Authors: Besse B, Adjei A, Baas P, Meldgaard P, Nicolson M, Paz-Ares L, Reck M, Smit EF, Syrigos K, Stahel R, Felip E, Peters S, Panel Members., ESMO.
- Issue date: 2014 Aug
- Second ESMO consensus conference on lung cancer: pathology and molecular biomarkers for non-small-cell lung cancer.
- Authors: Kerr KM, Bubendorf L, Edelman MJ, Marchetti A, Mok T, Novello S, O'Byrne K, Stahel R, Peters S, Felip E, Panel Members., Panel Members.
- Issue date: 2014 Sep
- 2nd ESMO Consensus Conference on Lung Cancer: early-stage non-small-cell lung cancer consensus on diagnosis, treatment and follow-up.
- Authors: Vansteenkiste J, Crinò L, Dooms C, Douillard JY, Faivre-Finn C, Lim E, Rocco G, Senan S, Van Schil P, Veronesi G, Stahel R, Peters S, Felip E, Panel Members.
- Issue date: 2014 Aug
- Prostate cancer: ESMO Consensus Conference Guidelines 2012.
- Authors: Horwich A, Hugosson J, de Reijke T, Wiegel T, Fizazi K, Kataja V, Panel Members., European Society for Medical Oncology.
- Issue date: 2013 May