Basic oral care for hematology-oncology patients and hematopoietic stem cell transplantation recipients: a position paper from the joint task force of the Multinational Association of Supportive Care in Cancer/International Society of Oral Oncology (MASCC/ISOO) and the European Society for Blood and Marrow Transplantation (EBMT).
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractHematology-oncology patients undergoing chemotherapy and hematopoietic stem cell transplantation (HSCT) recipients are at risk for oral complications which may cause significant morbidity and a potential risk of mortality. This emphasizes the importance of basic oral care prior to, during and following chemotherapy/HSCT. While scientific evidence is available to support some of the clinical practices used to manage the oral complications, expert opinion is needed to shape the current optimal protocols.
CitationBasic oral care for hematology-oncology patients and hematopoietic stem cell transplantation recipients: a position paper from the joint task force of the Multinational Association of Supportive Care in Cancer/International Society of Oral Oncology (MASCC/ISOO) and the European Society for Blood and Marrow Transplantation (EBMT). 2015, 23 (1):223-36 Support Care Cancer
JournalSupportive Care in Cancer
- The role of basic oral care and good clinical practice principles in the management of oral mucositis.
- Authors: McGuire DB, Correa ME, Johnson J, Wienandts P
- Issue date: 2006 Jun
- Current practice and knowledge of oral care for cancer patients: a survey of supportive health care providers.
- Authors: Barker GJ, Epstein JB, Williams KB, Gorsky M, Raber-Durlacher JE
- Issue date: 2005 Jan
- Systematic reviews of oral complications from cancer therapies, Oral Care Study Group, MASCC/ISOO: methodology and quality of the literature.
- Authors: Brennan MT, Elting LS, Spijkervet FK
- Issue date: 2010 Aug
- MASCC/ISOO clinical practice guidelines for the management of mucositis secondary to cancer therapy.
- Authors: Lalla RV, Bowen J, Barasch A, Elting L, Epstein J, Keefe DM, McGuire DB, Migliorati C, Nicolatou-Galitis O, Peterson DE, Raber-Durlacher JE, Sonis ST, Elad S, Mucositis Guidelines Leadership Group of the Multinational Association of Supportive Care in Cancer and International Society of Oral Oncology (MASCC/ISOO).
- Issue date: 2014 May 15
- Oral health of adult patients undergoing hematopoietic cell transplantation. Pre-transplant assessment and care.
- Authors: Bogusławska-Kapała A, Hałaburda K, Rusyan E, Gołąbek H, Strużycka I
- Issue date: 2017 Jul