A phase II trial of second-line axitinib following prior antiangiogenic therapy in advanced hepatocellular carcinoma.
AuthorsMcNamara, Mairéad G
AffiliationDepartment of Medical Oncology, Princess Margaret Cancer Centre, Toronto, Ontario, Canada; The Christie NHS Foundation Trust
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractSecond-line treatment options in advanced hepatocellular carcinoma (HCC) are limited. Axitinib, a selective potent tyrosine kinase inhibitor (TKI) of vascular endothelial growth factor VEGF) receptors 1, 2, and 3, merits exploration in HCC.
CitationA phase II trial of second-line axitinib following prior antiangiogenic therapy in advanced hepatocellular carcinoma. 2015: Cancer
- Efficacy and safety of axitinib in patients with advanced non-small-cell lung cancer: results from a phase II study.
- Authors: Schiller JH, Larson T, Ou SH, Limentani S, Sandler A, Vokes E, Kim S, Liau K, Bycott P, Olszanski AJ, von Pawel J
- Issue date: 2009 Aug 10
- Phase 2 trial of linifanib (ABT-869) in patients with unresectable or metastatic hepatocellular carcinoma.
- Authors: Toh HC, Chen PJ, Carr BI, Knox JJ, Gill S, Ansell P, McKeegan EM, Dowell B, Pedersen M, Qin Q, Qian J, Scappaticci FA, Ricker JL, Carlson DM, Yong WP
- Issue date: 2013 Jan 15
- Comparative effectiveness of axitinib versus sorafenib in advanced renal cell carcinoma (AXIS): a randomised phase 3 trial.
- Authors: Rini BI, Escudier B, Tomczak P, Kaprin A, Szczylik C, Hutson TE, Michaelson MD, Gorbunova VA, Gore ME, Rusakov IG, Negrier S, Ou YC, Castellano D, Lim HY, Uemura H, Tarazi J, Cella D, Chen C, Rosbrook B, Kim S, Motzer RJ
- Issue date: 2011 Dec 3
- Randomized phase II study of axitinib versus placebo plus best supportive care in second-line treatment of advanced hepatocellular carcinoma.
- Authors: Kang YK, Yau T, Park JW, Lim HY, Lee TY, Obi S, Chan SL, Qin S, Kim RD, Casey M, Chen C, Bhattacharyya H, Williams JA, Valota O, Chakrabarti D, Kudo M
- Issue date: 2015 Dec
- Regorafenib as second-line therapy for intermediate or advanced hepatocellular carcinoma: multicentre, open-label, phase II safety study.
- Authors: Bruix J, Tak WY, Gasbarrini A, Santoro A, Colombo M, Lim HY, Mazzaferro V, Wiest R, Reig M, Wagner A, Bolondi L
- Issue date: 2013 Nov