Mortality within 30days following systemic anti-cancer therapy, a review of all cases over a 4year period in a tertiary cancer centre.
AffiliationThe Christie NHS Foundation Trust, Wilmslow Road, Manchester M20 4BX, UKThe Christie NHS Foundation Trust, Wilmslow Road, Manchester M20 4BX, UK
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractThe national confidential enquiry into patient outcomes and death (NCEPOD) set important benchmarks in assessing the quality of care received by patients dying within 30days of systemic anticancer therapy (SACT). Monthly morbidity and mortality audits conducted to recommendations in the NCEPOD were commenced at the Christie NHS Foundation Trust in 2009, specifically to assess and improve patient outcomes.
CitationMortality within 30days following systemic anti-cancer therapy, a review of all cases over a 4year period in a tertiary cancer centre. 2015, 51 (2):233-40 Eur J Cancer
JournalEuropean Journal of Cancer
- Mortality within 30 days of receiving systemic anti-cancer therapy at a regional oncology unit: what have we learned?
- Authors: Yoong J, Seah JA, Hamilton K, Teo LN, Chong G
- Issue date: 2012 Dec
- Thirty-day mortality after systemic anticancer treatment as a real-world, quality-of-care indicator: the Northland experience.
- Authors: Ang E, Newton LV
- Issue date: 2018 Apr
- Mortality within 30 days of systemic anticancer therapy at a tertiary cancer centre: assessing the safety and quality of clinical care.
- Authors: Wilson M, Mak W, Firth M, Deva S, Findlay M
- Issue date: 2017 Aug 11
- 30-day mortality after systemic anticancer treatment for breast and lung cancer in England: a population-based, observational study.
- Authors: Wallington M, Saxon EB, Bomb M, Smittenaar R, Wickenden M, McPhail S, Rashbass J, Chao D, Dewar J, Talbot D, Peake M, Perren T, Wilson C, Dodwell D
- Issue date: 2016 Sep
- The incidence and risk factors for short-term morbidity and mortality in pediatric deformity spinal surgery: an analysis of the NSQIP pediatric database.
- Authors: Pugely AJ, Martin CT, Gao Y, Ilgenfritz R, Weinstein SL
- Issue date: 2014 Jul 1