Synthesis of a heparin-related GlcN-IdoA sulfation-site variable disaccharide library and analysis by Raman and ROA spectroscopy.
AffiliationManchester Institute of Biotechnology and School of Chemistry, University of Manchester, 131 Princess Street, Manchester M1 7DN
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractSynthesis of an array of differentially sulfated GlcN-IdoA disaccharides, accessible on good scale, directly from l-iduronate components is described. These are specifically directed to provide the sulfation variability at the key most common biologically relevant sulfation-variable l-IdoA O-2 and d-GlcN O-6 and amino sites of this heparin disaccharide. This sulfation-varied matrix has allowed the first evaluation of using Raman/ROA spectroscopy to characterize changes in spectra as a function of both site and level of sulfation with pure, defined heparin-related disaccharide species. This provides analysis of both similarities and differences to digest native heparin and this shows evidence of different types of changes in conformations and conformational freedom as a function of some specific sulfation changes at the disaccharide level. It is anticipated that this data set will open the way for applications to further site-specific sulfated saccharides and demonstrates the capability offered by Raman-ROA towards fingerprinting sulfation in heparin fragments.
CitationSynthesis of a heparin-related GlcN-IdoA sulfation-site variable disaccharide library and analysis by Raman and ROA spectroscopy. 2014, 400:44-53 Carbohydr Res
- Synthesis of L-iduronic acid derivatives via [3.2.1] and [2.2.2] L-iduronic lactones from bulk glucose-derived cyanohydrin hydrolysis: a reversible conformationally switched superdisarmed/rearmed lactone route to heparin disaccharides.
- Authors: Hansen SU, Dalton CE, Baráth M, Kwan G, Raftery J, Jayson GC, Miller GJ, Gardiner JM
- Issue date: 2015 Apr 17
- Synthesis and scalable conversion of L-iduronamides to heparin-related di- and tetrasaccharides.
- Authors: Hansen SU, Miller GJ, Baráth M, Broberg KR, Avizienyte E, Helliwell M, Raftery J, Jayson GC, Gardiner JM
- Issue date: 2012 Sep 21
- Conformations of the iduronate ring in short heparin fragments described by time-averaged distance restrained molecular dynamics.
- Authors: Muñoz-García JC, Corzana F, de Paz JL, Angulo J, Nieto PM
- Issue date: 2013 Nov
- Conformational transitions induced in heparin octasaccharides by binding with antithrombin III.
- Authors: Guerrini M, Guglieri S, Beccati D, Torri G, Viskov C, Mourier P
- Issue date: 2006 Oct 15
- Development of specific inhibitors for heparin-binding proteins based on the cobra cardiotoxin structure: an effective synthetic strategy for rationally modified heparin-like disaccharides and a trisaccharide.
- Authors: Ke W, Whitfield DM, Brisson JR, Enright G, Jarrell HC, Wu WG
- Issue date: 2005 Feb 28