Radioimmunoassay of O6-methyldeoxyguanosine in DNA of cells alkylated in vitro and in vivo.
AffiliationPaterson Laboratories, Christie Hospital and Holt Radium Institute, Manchester UK
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractMouse monoclonal and rabbit polyclonal antibodies have been prepared against O6-methylguanosine complexed with bovine serum albumin. In radioimmunoassay 50% inhibition of binding of [3H]O6-methyldeoxyguanosine (O6-MedG) was obtained with 0.3 pmol or 0.16 pmol unlabelled O6-MedG using monoclonal or polyclonal antibodies having affinity constants of 3.0 X 10(9) and 5.9 X 10(9) I mol-1 respectively. Cross-reactivity with normal nucleosides and other adducts was determined. Sensitivity and reproducibility were improved by chromatographic separation using an Aminex A6 column eluted with 10 mM NH4HCO3 buffer which allowed quantitation of one molecule O6-MedG per 10(7) molecules dG in 2 mg calf thymine DNA. Values for O6-MedG from 14 samples of rat liver and kidney DNA analysed by the method described and by radiochromatography on Sephadex G10 were almost identical (correlation coefficient, 0.98). A modified procedure for the purification of 5-25 micrograms DNA from 1-5 X 10(6) fibroblasts applied to polycarbonate filters was used in providing further validation of the RIA system by measuring the persistence of O6-MedG in cell lines of known repair capacity.
CitationRadioimmunoassay of O6-methyldeoxyguanosine in DNA of cells alkylated in vitro and in vivo. 1983, 4 (12):1605-9 Carcinogenesis
- Quantitative determination of N7-methyldeoxyguanosine and O6-methyldeoxyguanosine in DNA by LC-UV-MS-MS.
- Authors: Yang Y, Nikolic D, Swanson SM, van Breemen RB
- Issue date: 2002 Oct 15
- Immunoassay of O6-methyldeoxyguanosine in DNA: the use of polyethylene glycol to separate bound and free nucleoside.
- Authors: Salih H, Swann PF
- Issue date: 1982 Aug
- Quantitation of O6-ethyldeoxyguanosine in ENU alkylated DNA by polyclonal and monoclonal antibodies.
- Authors: Wani AA, Gibson-D'Ambrosio RE, D'Ambrosio SM
- Issue date: 1984 Sep
- Immunological quantification by high-affinity antibodies of O6-ethyldeoxyguanosine in DNA exposed to N-ethyl-N-nitrosourea.
- Authors: Müller R, Rajewsky MF
- Issue date: 1980 Mar
- Quantification of specific DNA O-alkylation products in individual cells by monoclonal antibodies and digital imaging of intensified nuclear fluorescence.
- Authors: Seiler F, Kirstein U, Eberle G, Hochleitner K, Rajewsky MF
- Issue date: 1993 Sep