AffiliationDepartment of Cell Biology, Paterson Laboratories, Christie Hospital and Holt Radium Institute, Manchester M20 9BX
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractScanning electron microscopy (SEM) has been used to study the fragile X chromosome. The fragile site appears as an isochromatid gap in the majority of cases, confirming light microscope (LM) observations. SEM has allowed a more precise location of the fragile site to the Xq27 . 3 region.
CitationThe fragile X: a scanning electron microscope study. 1983, 20 (4):280-5 J Med Genet
JournalJournal of Medical Genetics
- Co-cultivation studies in the expression of fragile (X) (q27) in lymphocytes.
- Authors: Webb TP
- Issue date: 1985 Jun
- Guidelines for the preparation and analysis of the fragile X chromosome in lymphocytes.
- Authors: Jacky PB, Ahuja YR, Anyane-Yeboa K, Breg WR, Carpenter NJ, Froster-Iskenius UG, Fryns JP, Glover TW, Gustavson KH, Hoegerman SF
- Issue date: 1991 Feb-Mar
- Pulsed-field gel mapping studies in the vicinity of the fragile site at Xq27.3.
- Authors: Patterson M, Bell M, Schwartz C, Davies K
- Issue date: 1988 May-Jun
- Reduction of fragile X expression in blood after cryopreservation.
- Authors: Shimanuki K, Lin MS, Wilson MG
- Issue date: 1985 Aug
- Ultrastructure of the fragile X chromosome: new observations on the fragile site.
- Authors: Wen GY, Jenkins EC, Goldberg EM, Genovese M, Brown WT, Wisniewski HM
- Issue date: 1999 Apr 2