DNA-DNA interstrand crosslinking by dimethyanesulphonic acid esters. Correlation with cytotoxicity and antitumour activity in the Yoshida lymphosarcoma model and relationship to chain length.
AffiliationPaterson Laboratories, Christie Hospital and Holt Radium Institute, Manchester M20 9BX
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractMembers of the homologous series of nine antitumour dimethanesulphonic acid esters, with the exception of ethylene dimethanesulphonate (EDMS), were found to cause DNA-DNA interstrand crosslinking in cells derived from the transplantable rodent Yoshida lymphosarcoma. The ability of the series to induce interstrand crosslinks was compared with in vitro cytotoxicity and in vivo antitumour activity and is discussed in relation to their chain length and ability to span critical target distances in DNA.
CitationDNA-DNA interstrand crosslinking by dimethyanesulphonic acid esters. Correlation with cytotoxicity and antitumour activity in the Yoshida lymphosarcoma model and relationship to chain length. 1983, 32 (15):2297-301 Biochem Pharmacol
- Specific DNA repair mechanisms may protect some human tumor cells from DNA interstrand crosslinking by chloroethylnitrosoureas but not from crosslinking by other anti-tumor alkylating agents.
- Authors: Gibson NW, Zlotogorski C, Erickson LC
- Issue date: 1985 Mar
- Comparative studies of DNA cross-linking reactions following methylene dimethanesulphonate and its hydrolytic product, formaldehyde.
- Authors: O'Connor PM, Fox BW
- Issue date: 1987
- Cross-linking between histones and DNA following treatment with a series of dimethane sulphonate esters.
- Authors: Hartley JA, Fox BW
- Issue date: 1986
- DNA damage in cultured L1210 cells by 2-haloethyl esters of (methylsulfonyl)methanesulfonic acid.
- Authors: Alexander JA, Bowdon BJ, Wheeler GP
- Issue date: 1986 Dec
- Effect of methyl methanesulphonate (MMS) and methylene dimethanesulphonate (MDMS) on the template activity of DNA isolated from MDMS-sensitive and -resistant Yoshida cells.
- Authors: Institoris E, Fox BW, Fox M
- Issue date: 1975 Dec