A preliminary report: preparations containing Interleukin-3 (IL-3) promote proliferation of multipotential stem cells (CFUs) in the mouse.
AffiliationPaterson Laboratories, Christie Hospital and Holt Radium Institute, Manchester M20 9BX
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractThe effect of a preparation containing the lymphokine "Interleukin-3" (IL-3) on murine marrow CFUs has been investigated. When marrow cells are incubated for a short period with IL-3 in vitro, the number of spleen colonies that develop upon injection into irradiated recipients is increased. In addition, an increase is seen in the proportion of CFUs killed in vitro by tritiated thymidine. IL-3 does not affect the seeding efficiency of CFUs in the spleen, but appears to act directly on them, not through production of an endogenous marrow stimulator.
CitationA preliminary report: preparations containing Interleukin-3 (IL-3) promote proliferation of multipotential stem cells (CFUs) in the mouse. 1983, 11 (8):757-61 Exp Hematol
- A T cell-derived factor stimulating multipotential hemopoietic stem cells: molecular weight and distinction from T cell growth factor and T cell-derived granulocyte-macrophage colony-stimulating factor.
- Authors: Schrader JW, Clark-Lewis I
- Issue date: 1982 Jul
- Synergistic effects of stem cell factor and interleukin 6 or interleukin 11 on the expansion of murine hematopoietic progenitors in liquid suspension culture.
- Authors: Ariyama Y, Misawa S, Sonoda Y
- Issue date: 1995 Jul
- Interleukin-10 stimulates hematopoiesis in murine osteogenic stroma.
- Authors: Van Vlasselaer P, Falla N, Van Den Heuvel R, Dasch J, de Waal Malefijt R
- Issue date: 1995 Apr
- Murine marrow cells expanded in culture with IL-3, IL-6, IL-11, and SCF acquire an engraftment defect in normal hosts.
- Authors: Peters SO, Kittler EL, Ramshaw HS, Quesenberry PJ
- Issue date: 1995 May
- Characteristics of hemopoietic stem cells determined by single spleen colony transplantation.
- Authors: Wu CT, Ru XM, Liu MP, Chu JP
- Issue date: 1986 May