AffiliationDepartment of Radiotherapy, The Christie Hospital & Holt Radium Institute, Manchester
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractTwenty-four patients with advanced carcinoma of the male breast have been treated with tamoxifen citrate (Nolvadex). An objective regression rate of 37.5% was obtained, with five complete and four partial responses. In addition, two patients had stabilisation of their disease for 24 months each. Regression of disease was noted in soft-tissue disease, bone and lung metastases. The duration of response ranged from 8 months to 60 months with a mean of 21 months. In view of the singular lack of side-effects and the age group of the patients (mean age 63 years), it is suggested that tamoxifen should be the first line of endocrine therapy before orchidectomy or adrenalectomy.
CitationTamoxifen in the treatment of male breast carcinoma. 1983, 34 (6):625-8 Clin Radiol
- Tamoxifen as initial endocrine therapy for metastatic breast cancer: long term follow-up of two Piedmont Oncology Association (POA) trials.
- Authors: Kuss JT, Muss HB, Hoen H, Case LD
- Issue date: 1997 Feb
- Combined modality treatment of locally advanced breast carcinoma in elderly patients or patients with severe comorbid conditions using tamoxifen as the primary therapy.
- Authors: Hoff PM, Valero V, Buzdar AU, Singletary SE, Theriault RL, Booser D, Asmar L, Frye D, McNeese MD, Hortobagyi GN
- Issue date: 2000 May 1
- Prognostic factors in elderly women with metastatic breast cancer treated with tamoxifen: an analysis of patients entered on four prospective clinical trials.
- Authors: Dhodapkar MV, Ingle JN, Cha SS, Mailliard JA, Wieand HS
- Issue date: 1996 Feb 15
- Endocrine therapy for advanced carcinoma of the breast: relationship between the effect of tamoxifen upon concentrations of progesterone receptor and subsequent response to treatment.
- Authors: Howell A, Harland RN, Barnes DM, Baildam AD, Wilkinson MJ, Hayward E, Swindell R, Sellwood RA
- Issue date: 1987 Jan 1
- Phase II study of vorozole (R83842), a new aromatase inhibitor, in postmenopausal women with advanced breast cancer in progression on tamoxifen.
- Authors: Goss PE, Clark RM, Ambus U, Weizel HA, Wadden NA, Crump M, Walde D, Tye LM, De Coster R, Bruynseels J
- Issue date: 1995 Mar