Phase II study of amsacrine in solid tumors: a report of the EORTC Early Clinical Trial-Group.
AuthorsDe Jager, R
Bramwell, Vivien H C
van Glabbeke, M
Hansen, H H
AffiliationInstitut Jules Bordet, Rue Heger-Bordet, 1, 1000 Brussels, Belgium
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractA total of 239 patients with advanced solid tumors were treated in this phase II trial. Amsacrine was administered as a single i.v. dose of 120 mg/m2 repeated at 21-day intervals. The initial dose was reduced to 90 mg/m2 in the case of extensive prior therapy. Some antitumor activity was detected in head and neck cancer but the drug appears to lack significant efficacy in epidermoid lung cancer as well as in carcinoma of the breast, melanoma, renal cell cancer, colorectal cancer and non-seminomatous testicular cancer. Leukopenia was the major toxic effect encountered in this trial and was similar at 90 and 120 mg/m2.
CitationPhase II study of amsacrine in solid tumors: a report of the EORTC Early Clinical Trial-Group. 1983, 19 (2):289-93 Eur J Cancer Clin Oncol
JournalEuropean Journal of Cancer & Clinical Oncology
- Phase II trial of amsacrine in patients with hepatoma: a Cancer and Leukemia Group B study.
- Authors: Amrein PC, Richards F 2nd, Coleman M, Poulin RF, Holland JF, Weinberg V, Perry M
- Issue date: 1984 Jun
- Treatment of advanced colorectal carcinoma with AMSA.
- Authors: Ferraro JA, Horton J, Weissman C, Ruckdeschel JC, O'Donnell M, Ludlum D
- Issue date: 1981 Mar-Apr
- Phase II trial of amsacrine (m-AMSA) in advanced ovarian carcinoma.
- Authors: Dombernowsky P, Siegenthaler P, Somers R, Hansen HH
- Issue date: 1982 Jan
- A phase II trial of m-AMSA in head and neck cancer.
- Authors: Forastiere AA, Young CW, Wittes RE
- Issue date: 1981
- Phase II study of amsacrine (m-AMSA) in advanced lymphomas: a Southwest Oncology Group study.
- Authors: Weick JK, Jones SE, Ryan DH
- Issue date: 1983 May