AffiliationDepartments of Radiotherapy and Medical Statistics, The Christie Hospital and Holt Radium Institute, Manchester
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractFive hundred and forty-seven patients with histologically proven seminoma of the testis were treated by radiotherapy between 1960 and 1978 using a standard method. Of these, 448 patients had 'early' disease and a life-table survival of 94% at 5 years was achieved. Survival was significantly improved in patients treated in later time periods. Survival in more advanced disease was less good (62% in Stage IIB, 51% in Stage III and 13% in Stage IV at 5 years). The radiotherapeutic management of this tumour is discussed.
CitationRadiotherapy in seminoma of the testis. 1983, 34 (4):469-73 Clin Radiol
- [Radiotherapy of seminomas of the testis. Apropos of 41 cases].
- Authors: Dubois JB, Hay M, Pourquier H
- Issue date: 1986
- Results of radiotherapy for stage II testicular seminoma.
- Authors: Gregory C, Peckham MJ
- Issue date: 1986 Aug
- Megavoltage irradiation for pure testicular seminoma: results and patterns of failure.
- Authors: Dosoretz DE, Shipley WU, Blitzer PH, Gilbert S, Prat J, Parkhurst E, Wang CC
- Issue date: 1981 Nov 15
- Prognosis of human chorionic gonadotropin-producing seminoma treated by postoperative radiotherapy.
- Authors: Mirimanoff RO, Sinzig M, Krüger M, Miralbell R, Thöni A, Ries G, Bosset JF, Bernier J, Bolla M, Nguyen TD
- Issue date: 1993 Sep 1
- [The prognostic significance of anaplastic variants in patients with testicular seminoma subjected to exclusive radiotherapy].
- Authors: Gardani G, Valvo F, Lattuada A
- Issue date: 1989 May