Treatment of advanced head and neck cancer using synchronous therapy with methotrexate and irradiation.
AffiliationDepartments of Radiotherapy and Clinical Pharmacology, Christie Hospital & Holt Radium Institute, Manchester
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractA pilot study of synchronous methotrexate and radiation therapy was carried out in 50 patients with advanced carcinoma of the head and neck, of whom 48 were assessable for response. Complete resolution of disease, maintained for 2 years, was achieved in 21 patients (45%), and in 19 out of 36 patients (53%) with carcinoma of the oropharynx and hypopharynx. The treatment was well tolerated, with acceptable morbidity.
CitationTreatment of advanced head and neck cancer using synchronous therapy with methotrexate and irradiation. 1983, 34 (4):459-62 Clin Radiol
- Treatment of advanced head and neck carcinoma with synchronous irradiation and methotrexate.
- Authors: Pointon RC, Askill CS, Hunter RD, Wilkinson PM
- Issue date: 1981
- Synchronous multiple drug chemotherapy and radiotherapy for advanced (stage III and IV) squamous carcinoma of the head and neck.
- Authors: Clifford P, O'Connor AD, Durden-Smith J, Hollis BA, Edwards WG, Dalley VM
- Issue date: 1978
- A randomised clinical trial to contrast radiotherapy with radiotherapy and methotrexate given synchronously in head and neck cancer.
- Authors: Gupta NK, Pointon RC, Wilkinson PM
- Issue date: 1987 Nov
- Methotrexate and radiation therapy in the treatment of advanced head and neck tumors.
- Authors: Knowlton AH, Percarpio B, Bobrow S, Fischer JJ
- Issue date: 1975 Sep
- Promising long-term results with attenuated adverse effects by methotrexate-containing sequential chemoradiation therapy in locally advanced head and neck squamous cell carcinoma.
- Authors: Tsai TL, Chu PY, Tai SK, Wang YF, Yang MH, Wang LW, Lirng JF, Chang SY
- Issue date: 2011 Oct