Treatment of advanced head and neck cancer using synchronous therapy with methotrexate and irradiation.
AffiliationDepartments of Radiotherapy and Clinical Pharmacology, Christie Hospital & Holt Radium Institute, Manchester
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractA pilot study of synchronous methotrexate and radiation therapy was carried out in 50 patients with advanced carcinoma of the head and neck, of whom 48 were assessable for response. Complete resolution of disease, maintained for 2 years, was achieved in 21 patients (45%), and in 19 out of 36 patients (53%) with carcinoma of the oropharynx and hypopharynx. The treatment was well tolerated, with acceptable morbidity.
CitationTreatment of advanced head and neck cancer using synchronous therapy with methotrexate and irradiation. 1983, 34 (4):459-62 Clin Radiol
- Treatment of advanced head and neck carcinoma with synchronous irradiation and methotrexate.
- Authors: Pointon RC, Askill CS, Hunter RD, Wilkinson PM
- Issue date: 1981
- Combined radiotherapy and multidrug chemotherapy for advanced head and neck cancer: results of a Radiation Therapy Oncology Group pilot study.
- Authors: Fu KK, Silverberg IJ, Phillips TL, Friedman MA
- Issue date: 1979 Mar
- A randomised clinical trial to contrast radiotherapy with radiotherapy and methotrexate given synchronously in head and neck cancer.
- Authors: Gupta NK, Pointon RC, Wilkinson PM
- Issue date: 1987 Nov
- Combined application of cisplatin, vindesine, hyaluronidase and radiation for treatment of advanced squamous cell carcinoma of the head and neck.
- Authors: Klocker J, Sabitzer H, Raunik W, Wieser S, Schumer J
- Issue date: 1995 Oct
- Intensive chemoradiotherapy as a primary treatment for organ preservation in patients with advanced cancer of the head and neck: efficacy, toxic effects, and limitations.
- Authors: Hanna E, Alexiou M, Morgan J, Badley J, Maddox AM, Penagaricano J, Fan CY, Breau R, Suen J
- Issue date: 2004 Jul