Native and inducible levels of natural cytotoxicity in lymph nodes draining mammary carcinoma.
AffiliationPaterson Laboratories, Christie Hospital and Holt Radium Institute, Manchester, M20 9BX
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractLymphocytes isolated from axillary nodes draining breast carcinoma possess variable natural cytotoxic capacity. Augmentation of lymph node cell (LNC) cytotoxicity by interferon (IFN) is also variable, with only some populations displaying potentiated lysis following exposure to either IFN-a or gene-cloned IFN-a2. Where present the IFN-induced augmentation of LNC cytotoxicity was invariably weaker than that observed following similar treatment of autochthonous peripheral blood mononuclear cells (PBMC). Irrespective of their responsiveness to IFN the cytotoxic activity of all LNC preparations examined was significantly increased following pre-incubation with either staphylococcal enterotoxin A (SEA) or factors elaborated by lectin-pulsed allogeneic LNC. THe induction or amplification fo LNC-mediated natural cytotoxicity by lymphokines may provide a local potentiation of natural immune function at the host : tumour interface.
CitationNative and inducible levels of natural cytotoxicity in lymph nodes draining mammary carcinoma. 1983, 15 (1):32-8 Cancer Immunol Immunother
JournalCancer Immunology, Immunotherapy
- Natural cytotoxicity of lymphocytes from lymph nodes draining breast carcinoma and its augmentation by interferon and OK432.
- Authors: Yanagawa E, Uchida A, Micksche M
- Issue date: 1984
- Natural killer cell activity in tumor-draining lymph nodes: investigations in patients with malignant melanoma and head and neck cancer.
- Authors: Micksche M, Vinzenz K, Kokoschka EM, Kokoschka R
- Issue date: 1985
- Immunomodulation of human leukocytes by staphylococcal enterotoxin A: augmentation of natural killer cells and induction of suppressor cells.
- Authors: Platsoucas CD, Oleszak EL, Good RA
- Issue date: 1986 Feb
- Cell-mediated cytotoxic activity of regional lymph node cells from patients with gastric carcinoma.
- Authors: Koba F, Akiyoshi T, Arinaga S, Wada T, Tsuji H
- Issue date: 1987 Mar
- [Interferon production in lymph nodes draining breast carcinoma and its augmentation by OK-432].
- Authors: Nakajima Y, Akimoto M, Kimura M, Matano S, Hirakawa H, Kasai M
- Issue date: 1986 Sep