A study of glial fibrillary acidic protein (GFAP) in childhood brain tumours.
AffiliationChristie Hospital, Manchester, M20 9BX
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractA retrospective study of 366 primary brain tumours in childhood has been carried out, GFAP was detected in juvenile astrocytoma (76/121), adult astrocytoma (34/78), malignant glioma (0/8), other astrocytic tumours (2/4) and medulloblastoma (0/101). In eight medulloblastomas scanty positive cells were seen but were regarded as reactive rather than neoplastic. The presence of GFAP was only found to be of prognostic value in adult astrocytoma, where its occurrence was associated with a more favourable outcome.
CitationA study of glial fibrillary acidic protein (GFAP) in childhood brain tumours. 1983, 31 (4):439-45 Int. J. Cancer
JournalInternational Journal of Cancer
- Immunocytochemical demonstration of glial fibrillary acidic protein in imprint smears of human brain tumors.
- Authors: Iwa N, Yutani C, Ishibashi-Ueda H, Katayama Y
- Issue date: 1988 Mar
- [A simple method for the isolation of GFAP and its use for the study of brain tumors].
- Authors: Fischer W, Heller T, Herrmann E, Schreiber D
- Issue date: 1989
- Determination of glial fibrillary acidic protein (GFAP) in human brain tumors.
- Authors: Jacque CM, Vinner C, Kujas M, Raoul M, Racadot J, Baumann NA
- Issue date: 1978 Jan
- GFAP in brain tumor diagnosis: possibilities and limitations.
- Authors: Gullotta F, Schindler F, Schmutzler R, Weeks-Seifert A
- Issue date: 1985 Jul
- Glial fibrillary acidic protein in medulloblastomas and other embryonic CNS tumours of children.
- Authors: Schindler E, Gullotta F
- Issue date: 1983