AffiliationCancer Research Campaign, Department of Medical Oncology, Christie Hospital and Holt Radium Institute, Manchester
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractA patient with IgA-k multiple myeloma is presented. There was initially a good response to chemotherapy but the patient later developed small intestinal obstruction. This was due to multiple polypoid plasmacytomas. The mesenteric nodes were also involved, and were found on immunofluorescence microscopy and flow cytometry with double fluorescent labelling to be composed of two separate populations of cells (IgA-k and IgG-k), one population having a diploid content of DNA and the other tetraploid. These two distinct cell populations differed in both proliferative characteristics and size. The findings are discussed and the literature relating to gastrointestinal involvement in plasma cell dyscrasias reviewed.
CitationGastrointestinal involvement with myeloma. 1983, 11 (4):256-62 Med Pediatr Oncol
JournalMedical and Pediatric Oncology
- DNA content of human myeloma cells.
- Authors: Lewensohn R, Tribukait B, Hansson J
- Issue date: 1983 Jan
- Metastatic cutaneous plasmacytoma: a case report associated with IgA lambda multiple myeloma and a review of the literature of metastatic cutaneous plasmacytomas associated with multiple myeloma and primary cutaneous plasmacytomas.
- Authors: Kato N, Kimura K, Yasukawa K, Aikawa K
- Issue date: 1999 Sep
- Anaplastic myeloma with massive extramedullary involvement. Report of two cases.
- Authors: Foucar K, Raber M, Foucar E, Barlogie B, Sandler CM, Alexanian R
- Issue date: 1983 Jan 1
- Simultaneous occurrence of acute myeloblastic leukaemia and multiple myeloma without previous chemotherapy.
- Authors: Tursz T, Flandrin G, Brouet JC, Briere J, Seligmann M
- Issue date: 1974 Jun 22
- Flow cytometric DNA quantification in immunophenotyped cells as a sensitive method for determination of aneuploid multiple myeloma cells in peripheral blood stem cell harvests and bone marrow after therapy.
- Authors: Nowak R, Oelschlägel U, Range U, Bergmann S, Bornhäuser M, Hölig C, Schuler U, Krebs U, Günther H, Kroschinsky F, Ehninger G
- Issue date: 1999 May