AffiliationSearle Laboratories Reseach and Development, High Wycombe, Bucks
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractWe have demonstrated that normal human bone marrow stromal cells can be induced to produce high levels of beta-interferon (IFN). One of three randomly selected human stromal cell lines produced beta-IFN in similar amounts to one of the best beta-IFN producer cell lines produced beta-IFN in similar amounts to one of the best beta-IFN producer cell lines (MG-63 osteosarcoma cells). The marrow stromal cell lines did not produce gamma-IFN, though a low level of alpha-IFN was apparently produced. The stromal cell lines differ from usual producer cell lines in that they can be subcultured for a much longer growth period and also maintain the ability to producer IFN. The cells are karyotypically normal and are not virus transformed. Such cell lines may be useful in the production of human IFN as well as allowing studies on the role of IFN in stromal cell-haemopoietic cell interactions.
CitationInterferon production by human marrow stromal cells. 1983, 54 (3):365-72 Br J Haematol
JournalBritish Journal of Haematology
- T cell regulation of interferon-alpha/beta (IFN-alpha/beta) production by alloantigen-stimulated bone marrow cells.
- Authors: Reyes VE, Klimpel KD, Klimpel GR
- Issue date: 1985 May
- Interferon production in human hematopoietic cell lines: response to chemicals and characterization of interferons.
- Authors: Adolf GR, Swetly P
- Issue date: 1982
- Antigenic types of various human lymphoblastoid cell interferons.
- Authors: Imanishi J, Hoshino S, Matsuoka H, Kishida T, Minowada J
- Issue date: 1982 Jun
- Human T-lymphoblastoid cell lines with high and low abilities to produce interferon-gamma constitutively and their susceptibilities to interferon.
- Authors: Matsuyama M, Sugamura K, Hinuma Y
- Issue date: 1987
- Induction of chemokine mRNA in bone marrow stromal cells: modulation by TGF-beta 1 and IL-4.
- Authors: Gautam SC, Noth CJ, Janakiraman N, Pindolia KR, Chapman RA
- Issue date: 1995 Jun