The role of body composition evaluation by computerized tomography in determining colorectal cancer treatment outcomes: A systematic review.
AffiliationDepartment of Surgery, St. Mark's Hospital, Watford Road, Harrow, Middlesex HA1 3UJ, United Kingdom; Department of Surgery and Cancer, Imperial College, Paddington, London W2 1NY, United Kingdom.
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractStrong evidence indicates that excessive adipose tissue distribution or reduced muscle influence short-, mid-, and long-term colorectal cancer outcomes. Computerized tomography-based body composition (CTBC) analysis quantifies this in a reproducible parameter. We reviewed the evidence linking computerized tomography (CT) based quantification of BC with short and long-term outcomes in colorectal cancer (CRC).
CitationThe role of body composition evaluation by computerized tomography in determining colorectal cancer treatment outcomes: A systematic review. 2014: Eur J Surg Oncol
JournalEuropean Journal of Surgical Oncology
- Associations of adipose and muscle tissue parameters at colorectal cancer diagnosis with long-term health-related quality of life.
- Authors: van Roekel EH, Bours MJL, Te Molder MEM, Breedveld-Peters JJL, Olde Damink SWM, Schouten LJ, Sanduleanu S, Beets GL, Weijenberg MP
- Issue date: 2017 Jul
- Influence of body composition profile on outcomes following colorectal cancer surgery.
- Authors: Malietzis G, Currie AC, Athanasiou T, Johns N, Anyamene N, Glynne-Jones R, Kennedy RH, Fearon KC, Jenkins JT
- Issue date: 2016 Apr
- Impact of body composition parameters on clinical outcomes in patients with metastatic castrate-resistant prostate cancer treated with docetaxel.
- Authors: Cushen SJ, Power DG, Murphy KP, McDermott R, Griffin BT, Lim M, Daly L, MacEneaney P, O' Sullivan K, Prado CM, Ryan AM
- Issue date: 2016 Jun
- The role of computed tomography in evaluating body composition and the influence of reduced muscle mass on clinical outcome in abdominal malignancy: a systematic review.
- Authors: Gibson DJ, Burden ST, Strauss BJ, Todd C, Lal S
- Issue date: 2015 Oct
- Impact of Visceral Adiposity as Well as Sarcopenic Factors on Outcomes in Patients Undergoing Liver Resection for Colorectal Liver Metastases.
- Authors: Kobayashi A, Kaido T, Hamaguchi Y, Okumura S, Shirai H, Kamo N, Yagi S, Taura K, Okajima H, Uemoto S
- Issue date: 2018 Apr