The role of body composition evaluation by computerized tomography in determining colorectal cancer treatment outcomes: A systematic review.
AffiliationDepartment of Surgery, St. Mark's Hospital, Watford Road, Harrow, Middlesex HA1 3UJ, United Kingdom; Department of Surgery and Cancer, Imperial College, Paddington, London W2 1NY, United Kingdom.
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractStrong evidence indicates that excessive adipose tissue distribution or reduced muscle influence short-, mid-, and long-term colorectal cancer outcomes. Computerized tomography-based body composition (CTBC) analysis quantifies this in a reproducible parameter. We reviewed the evidence linking computerized tomography (CT) based quantification of BC with short and long-term outcomes in colorectal cancer (CRC).
CitationThe role of body composition evaluation by computerized tomography in determining colorectal cancer treatment outcomes: A systematic review. 2014: Eur J Surg Oncol
JournalEuropean Journal of Surgical Oncology
- Associations of adipose and muscle tissue parameters at colorectal cancer diagnosis with long-term health-related quality of life.
- Authors: van Roekel EH, Bours MJL, Te Molder MEM, Breedveld-Peters JJL, Olde Damink SWM, Schouten LJ, Sanduleanu S, Beets GL, Weijenberg MP
- Issue date: 2017 Jul
- The emerging role of sarcopenia as a prognostic indicator in patients undergoing abdominal wall hernia repairs: a systematic review of the literature.
- Authors: Clark ST, Malietzis G, Grove TN, Jenkins JT, Windsor ACJ, Kontovounisios C, Warren OJ
- Issue date: 2020 Apr 16
- Prognostic value of adipose tissue and muscle mass in advanced colorectal cancer: a post hoc analysis of two non-randomized phase II trials.
- Authors: Charette N, Vandeputte C, Ameye L, Bogaert CV, Krygier J, Guiot T, Deleporte A, Delaunoit T, Geboes K, Van Laethem JL, Peeters M, Demolin G, Holbrechts S, Flamen P, Paesmans M, Hendlisz A
- Issue date: 2019 Feb 12
- Influence of body composition profile on outcomes following colorectal cancer surgery.
- Authors: Malietzis G, Currie AC, Athanasiou T, Johns N, Anyamene N, Glynne-Jones R, Kennedy RH, Fearon KC, Jenkins JT
- Issue date: 2016 Apr
- Assessment of Computed Tomography (CT)-Defined Muscle and Adipose Tissue Features in Relation to Short-Term Outcomes After Elective Surgery for Colorectal Cancer: A Multicenter Approach.
- Authors: Martin L, Hopkins J, Malietzis G, Jenkins JT, Sawyer MB, Brisebois R, MacLean A, Nelson G, Gramlich L, Baracos VE
- Issue date: 2018 Sep