AffiliationPlastic Surgery Unit, The Christie NHS Foundation Trust, Manchester, UK
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractFractures with associated soft tissue injuries, or those termed 'open,' are not uncommon. There has been much discussion regarding there management, with the guidance from the combined British Orthopaedic Association and British Association and Aesthetic Surgeons teams widely accepted as the gold level of therapy. We aim to discuss the current evidence about the initial management of this group of injuries, taking a journey from arrival in the accident and emergency department through to the point of definitive closure. Other modes of therapy are also reviewed.
CitationThe Ortho-Plastic Approach to Soft Tissue Management in Trauma. 2014, 8:399-408 Open Orthop J
JournalThe Open Orthopaedics Journal
- The management of open tibial fractures in children: a retrospective case series of eight years' experience of 61 cases at a paediatric specialist centre.
- Authors: Nandra RS, Wu F, Gaffey A, Bache CE
- Issue date: 2017 Apr
- Current Practice in the Management of Open Fractures Among Orthopaedic Trauma Surgeons. Part A: Initial Management. A Survey of Orthopaedic Trauma Surgeons.
- Authors: Obremskey W, Molina C, Collinge C, Nana A, Tornetta P 3rd, Sagi C, Schmidt A, Probe R, Ahn J, Browner BD, Evidence-Based Quality Value and Safety CommitteeOrthopaedic Trauma Association, Writing Committee
- Issue date: 2014 Aug
- Lower limb paediatric trauma with bone and soft tissue loss: Ortho-plastic management and outcome in a major trauma centre.
- Authors: Messner J, Harwood P, Johnson L, Itte V, Bourke G, Foster P
- Issue date: 2020 Jul
- Management of open lower limb injuries in South West England and Wales.
- Authors: Yarrow J, Rahman S, Marsden N, Pallister I, Hemington-Gorse S
- Issue date: 2015 Jan
- Current management of open fractures: results from an online survey.
- Authors: Gümbel D, Matthes G, Napp M, Lange J, Hinz P, Spitzmüller R, Ekkernkamp A
- Issue date: 2016 Dec