Evaluation of an automatic segmentation algorithm for definition of head and neck organs at risk.
AuthorsThomson, David J
Boylan, Christopher J
Aitkenhead, Adam H
Lee, Lip W
Yap, Beng K
Sykes, Andrew J
Rowbottom, Carl G
Slevin, Nicholas J
AffiliationDepartment of Clinical Oncology, The Christie NHS Foundation Trust, Wilmslow Road, Manchester M20 4BX, UK. Nick.Slevin@christie.nhs.uk.
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractThe accurate definition of organs at risk (OARs) is required to fully exploit the benefits of intensity-modulated radiotherapy (IMRT) for head and neck cancer. However, manual delineation is time-consuming and there is considerable inter-observer variability. This is pertinent as function-sparing and adaptive IMRT have increased the number and frequency of delineation of OARs. We evaluated accuracy and potential time-saving of Smart Probabilistic Image Contouring Engine (SPICE) automatic segmentation to define OARs for salivary-, swallowing- and cochlea-sparing IMRT.
CitationEvaluation of an automatic segmentation algorithm for definition of head and neck organs at risk. 2014, 9:173 Radiat Oncol
- Validation of clinical acceptability of an atlas-based segmentation algorithm for the delineation of organs at risk in head and neck cancer.
- Authors: Hoang Duc AK, Eminowicz G, Mendes R, Wong SL, McClelland J, Modat M, Cardoso MJ, Mendelson AF, Veiga C, Kadir T, D'Souza D, Ourselin S
- Issue date: 2015 Sep
- Automatic segmentation of head and neck CT images for radiotherapy treatment planning using multiple atlases, statistical appearance models, and geodesic active contours.
- Authors: Fritscher KD, Peroni M, Zaffino P, Spadea MF, Schubert R, Sharp G
- Issue date: 2014 May
- Segmentation of organs-at-risks in head and neck CT images using convolutional neural networks.
- Authors: Ibragimov B, Xing L
- Issue date: 2017 Feb
- Evaluation of automatic atlas-based lymph node segmentation for head-and-neck cancer.
- Authors: Stapleford LJ, Lawson JD, Perkins C, Edelman S, Davis L, McDonald MW, Waller A, Schreibmann E, Fox T
- Issue date: 2010 Jul 1
- Fully automatic multi-organ segmentation for head and neck cancer radiotherapy using shape representation model constrained fully convolutional neural networks.
- Authors: Tong N, Gou S, Yang S, Ruan D, Sheng K
- Issue date: 2018 Oct