Laparoscopic ultrasonography versus intra-operative cholangiogram for the detection of common bile duct stones during laparoscopic cholecystectomy: a meta-analysis of diagnostic accuracy.
AffiliationMinimal Access Unit, The Christie NHS Foundation Trust, Wilmslow Road, Manchester M20 4BX
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractRoutine intra-operative cholangiography (IOC) during laparoscopic cholecystectomy is often not performed because of increased operative time, radiation, and failure rate. Laparoscopic ultrasound (LUS) is a less invasive alternative but studies comparing it to IOC have been of small sample size. This study aims to assess the diagnostic accuracy of LUS in detecting common bile duct (CBD) stones compared to IOC.
CitationLaparoscopic ultrasonography versus intra-operative cholangiogram for the detection of common bile duct stones during laparoscopic cholecystectomy: a meta-analysis of diagnostic accuracy. 2014, 12 (7):712-9 Int J Surg
JournalInternational Journal of Surgery
- Meta-analysis of the diagnostic accuracy of laparoscopic ultrasonography and intraoperative cholangiography in detection of common bile duct stones.
- Authors: Jamal KN, Smith H, Ratnasingham K, Siddiqui MR, McLachlan G, Belgaumkar AP
- Issue date: 2016 Apr
- Intraoperative cholangiography in combination with laparoscopic ultrasonography for the detection of occult choledocholithiasis.
- Authors: Li JW, Feng B, Wu L, Wang ML, Lu AG, Zang L, Mao ZH, Dong F, Zheng MH
- Issue date: 2009 Sep
- Prospective evaluation of a selective approach to cholangiography for suspected common bile duct stones.
- Authors: Horwood J, Akbar F, Davis K, Morgan R
- Issue date: 2010 Apr
- Laparoscopic ultrasonography as an alternative to intraoperative cholangiography during laparoscopic cholecystectomy.
- Authors: Dili A, Bertrand C
- Issue date: 2017 Aug 7
- Potential of laparoscopic ultrasonography as an alternative to operative cholangiography in the detection of bile duct stones.
- Authors: Tranter SE, Thompson MH
- Issue date: 2001 Jan