Siltuximab for multicentric Castleman's disease: a randomised, double-blind, placebo-controlled trial.
Authorsvan Rhee, F
van de Velde, H
AffiliationMyeloma Institute for Research and Therapy, University of Arkansas for Medical Sciences, Little Rock, AR, USA.
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractMulticentric Castleman's disease is a rare lymphoproliferative disorder driven by dysregulated production of interleukin 6. No randomised trials have been done to establish the best treatment for the disease. We assessed the safety and efficacy of siltuximab-a chimeric monoclonal antibody against interleukin 6-in HIV-negative patients with multicentric Castleman's disease.
CitationSiltuximab for multicentric Castleman's disease: a randomised, double-blind, placebo-controlled trial. 2014, 15 (9):966-74 Lancet Oncol
JournalThe Lancet Oncology
- Maintenance therapy with pemetrexed plus best supportive care versus placebo plus best supportive care after induction therapy with pemetrexed plus cisplatin for advanced non-squamous non-small-cell lung cancer (PARAMOUNT): a double-blind, phase 3, randomised controlled trial.
- Authors: Paz-Ares L, de Marinis F, Dediu M, Thomas M, Pujol JL, Bidoli P, Molinier O, Sahoo TP, Laack E, Reck M, Corral J, Melemed S, John W, Chouaki N, Zimmermann AH, Visseren-Grul C, Gridelli C
- Issue date: 2012 Mar
- Ramucirumab versus placebo as second-line treatment in patients with advanced hepatocellular carcinoma following first-line therapy with sorafenib (REACH): a randomised, double-blind, multicentre, phase 3 trial.
- Authors: Zhu AX, Park JO, Ryoo BY, Yen CJ, Poon R, Pastorelli D, Blanc JF, Chung HC, Baron AD, Pfiffer TE, Okusaka T, Kubackova K, Trojan J, Sastre J, Chau I, Chang SC, Abada PB, Yang L, Schwartz JD, Kudo M, REACH Trial Investigators.
- Issue date: 2015 Jul
- FDA approval: siltuximab for the treatment of patients with multicentric Castleman disease.
- Authors: Deisseroth A, Ko CW, Nie L, Zirkelbach JF, Zhao L, Bullock J, Mehrotra N, Del Valle P, Saber H, Sheth C, Gehrke B, Justice R, Farrell A, Pazdur R
- Issue date: 2015 Mar 1
- Safety and efficacy of ALD403, an antibody to calcitonin gene-related peptide, for the prevention of frequent episodic migraine: a randomised, double-blind, placebo-controlled, exploratory phase 2 trial.
- Authors: Dodick DW, Goadsby PJ, Silberstein SD, Lipton RB, Olesen J, Ashina M, Wilks K, Kudrow D, Kroll R, Kohrman B, Bargar R, Hirman J, Smith J, ALD403 study investigators.
- Issue date: 2014 Nov