Randomized trial of erlotinib plus whole-brain radiotherapy for NSCLC patients with multiple brain metastases.
AffiliationDepartment of Oncology, University College London (UCL) Cancer Institute and UCL Hospitals, London, UK
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractMedian survival of non-small cell lung cancer (NSCLC) patients with brain metastases is poor. We examined concurrent erlotinib and whole brain radiotherapy (WBRT) followed by maintenance erlotinib in patients with untreated brain metastases, given the potential radiosensitizing properties of erlotinib and its direct effect on brain metastases and systemic activity.
CitationRandomized Trial of Erlotinib Plus Whole-Brain Radiotherapy for NSCLC Patients With Multiple Brain Metastases. 2014, 106 (7): J Natl Cancer Inst
JournalJournal of the National Cancer Institute
- Phase II trial of erlotinib plus concurrent whole-brain radiation therapy for patients with brain metastases from non-small-cell lung cancer.
- Authors: Welsh JW, Komaki R, Amini A, Munsell MF, Unger W, Allen PK, Chang JY, Wefel JS, McGovern SL, Garland LL, Chen SS, Holt J, Liao Z, Brown P, Sulman E, Heymach JV, Kim ES, Stea B
- Issue date: 2013 Mar 1
- Icotinib versus whole-brain irradiation in patients with EGFR-mutant non-small-cell lung cancer and multiple brain metastases (BRAIN): a multicentre, phase 3, open-label, parallel, randomised controlled trial.
- Authors: Yang JJ, Zhou C, Huang Y, Feng J, Lu S, Song Y, Huang C, Wu G, Zhang L, Cheng Y, Hu C, Chen G, Zhang L, Liu X, Yan HH, Tan FL, Zhong W, Wu YL
- Issue date: 2017 Sep
- Gefitinib and erlotinib for non-small cell lung cancer patients who fail to respond to radiotherapy for brain metastases.
- Authors: Song Z, Zhang Y
- Issue date: 2014 Apr
- A phase 3 trial of whole brain radiation therapy and stereotactic radiosurgery alone versus WBRT and SRS with temozolomide or erlotinib for non-small cell lung cancer and 1 to 3 brain metastases: Radiation Therapy Oncology Group 0320.
- Authors: Sperduto PW, Wang M, Robins HI, Schell MC, Werner-Wasik M, Komaki R, Souhami L, Buyyounouski MK, Khuntia D, Demas W, Shah SA, Nedzi LA, Perry G, Suh JH, Mehta MP
- Issue date: 2013 Apr 1
- Phase I study of concurrent whole brain radiotherapy and erlotinib for multiple brain metastases from non-small-cell lung cancer.
- Authors: Lind JS, Lagerwaard FJ, Smit EF, Senan S
- Issue date: 2009 Aug 1