Long-term prospective clinical follow-up after BRCA1/2 presymptomatic testing: BRCA2 risks higher than in adjusted retrospective studies.
AffiliationGenesis Breast Cancer Prevention Centre, University Hospital of South Manchester NHS Trust, Manchester, UK Manchester Centre for Genomic Medicine, Central Manchester Foundation Trust, St. Mary's Hospital, Manchester, UK Manchester Breast Centre, Manchester Cancer Research Centre, University of Manchester, Christie Hospital, Manchester, UK The University of Manchester, Manchester Academic Health Science Centre, University Hospital of South Manchester NHS Foundation Trust, Manchester, UK.
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractThe risks of breast cancer associated with BRCA1 and BRCA2 mutations vary considerably across studies but few have assessed prospective risks, which are likely to provide more reliable risk estimates for women undergoing presymptomatic testing.
CitationLong-term prospective clinical follow-up after BRCA1/2 presymptomatic testing: BRCA2 risks higher than in adjusted retrospective studies. 2014: J Med Genet
JournalJournal of Medical Genetics
- Penetrance estimates for BRCA1 and BRCA2 based on genetic testing in a Clinical Cancer Genetics service setting: risks of breast/ovarian cancer quoted should reflect the cancer burden in the family.
- Authors: Evans DG, Shenton A, Woodward E, Lalloo F, Howell A, Maher ER
- Issue date: 2008 May 30
- Intra-abdominal carcinomatosis after prophylactic oophorectomy in women of hereditary breast ovarian cancer syndrome kindreds associated with BRCA1 and BRCA2 mutations.
- Authors: Casey MJ, Synder C, Bewtra C, Narod SA, Watson P, Lynch HT
- Issue date: 2005 May
- Cancer risks for BRCA1 and BRCA2 mutation carriers: results from prospective analysis of EMBRACE.
- Authors: Mavaddat N, Peock S, Frost D, Ellis S, Platte R, Fineberg E, Evans DG, Izatt L, Eeles RA, Adlard J, Davidson R, Eccles D, Cole T, Cook J, Brewer C, Tischkowitz M, Douglas F, Hodgson S, Walker L, Porteous ME, Morrison PJ, Side LE, Kennedy MJ, Houghton C, Donaldson A, Rogers MT, Dorkins H, Miedzybrodzka Z, Gregory H, Eason J, Barwell J, McCann E, Murray A, Antoniou AC, Easton DF, EMBRACE.
- Issue date: 2013 Jun 5
- Risk of contralateral breast cancer in BRCA1 and BRCA2 mutation carriers: a 30-year semi-prospective analysis.
- Authors: Basu NN, Ingham S, Hodson J, Lalloo F, Bulman M, Howell A, Evans DG
- Issue date: 2015 Dec