Role of acupuncture in the management of diabetic painful neuropathy (DPN): a pilot RCT.
AffiliationTameside Hospital NHS Foundation Trust, Diabetes Centre, Tameside General Hospital, Ashton-Under-Lyne, Greater Manchester, UK The University of Manchester, School of Nursing, Midwifery and Social Work, Manchester, Greater Manchester, UK.
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractTo examine the role of acupuncture in the treatment of diabetic painful neuropathy (DPN) using a single-blind, placebo-controlled RCT and to collect data that would be required in a future definitive study of the efficacy of acupuncture in DPN.
CitationRole of acupuncture in the management of diabetic painful neuropathy (DPN): a pilot RCT. 2014, 32 (3):242-9 Acupunct Med
JournalAcupuncture in Medicine
- Effect of acupuncture on diabetic peripheral neuropathy: an uncontrolled preliminary study from Korea.
- Authors: Jeon E, Kwon H, Shin I, Kang S, Shon H
- Issue date: 2014 Aug
- Electroacupuncture to treat painful diabetic neuropathy: study protocol for a three-armed, randomized, controlled pilot trial.
- Authors: Lee S, Kim JH, Shin KM, Kim JE, Kim TH, Kang KW, Lee M, Jung SY, Shin MS, Kim AR, Park HJ, Hong KE, Choi SM
- Issue date: 2013 Jul 18
- Acupuncture for the treatment of lower limb diabetic peripheral neuropathy: a systematic review.
- Authors: Nash J, Armour M, Penkala S
- Issue date: 2019 Feb
- Efficacy of pregabalin for peripheral neuropathic pain: results of an 8-week, flexible-dose, double-blind, placebo-controlled study conducted in China.
- Authors: Guan Y, Ding X, Cheng Y, Fan D, Tan L, Wang Y, Zhao Z, Hong Z, Zhou D, Pan X, Chen S, Martin A, Tang H, Cui L
- Issue date: 2011 Feb
- ACUDIN - ACUpuncture and laser acupuncture for treatment of DIabetic peripheral Neuropathy: a randomized, placebo-controlled, partially double-blinded trial.
- Authors: Meyer-Hamme G, Friedemann T, Greten HJ, Plaetke R, Gerloff C, Schroeder S
- Issue date: 2018 Apr 13