Thyroid incidentalomas discovered on positron emission tomography CT scanning - Malignancy rate and significance of standardised uptake values.
AffiliationNorth West Deanery, Manchester, UK.
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractIncreasing use of 18F-Fluorodeoxy glucose (FDG) Positron Emission Tomography Computed Tomography (PET CT) has resulted in an increased frequency of incidentally discovered areas of focally increased FDG uptake within the thyroid gland - thyroid incidentalomas. We aimed to compare radiological characteristics of thyroid incidentalomas with cytology, histology and ultrasound findings.
CitationThyroid incidentalomas discovered on positron emission tomography CT scanning - Malignancy rate and significance of standardised uptake values. 2014: Eur J Surg Oncol
JournalEuropean Journal of Surgical Oncology
- Clinical significance of standardized uptake values in thyroid incidentaloma discovered by F-18 fluorodeoxyglucose positron emission tomography/computed tomography.
- Authors: Sager S, Vatankulu B, Sahin OE, Cınaral F, Uslu L, Baran A, Ozturk T, Sönmezoglu K
- Issue date: 2018 Jul-Sep
- A risk-adapted approach using US features and FNA results in the management of thyroid incidentalomas identified by 18F-FDG PET.
- Authors: Choi JS, Choi Y, Kim EK, Yoon JH, Youk JH, Han KH, Moon HJ, Kang WJ, Kwak JY
- Issue date: 2014 Feb
- Thyroid incidentalomas on 18FDG-PET/CT: a metabolico-pathological correlation.
- Authors: Hagenimana N, Dallaire J, Vallée É, Belzile M
- Issue date: 2017 Mar 21
- Focal thyroid incidentalomas identified with whole-body FDG-PET warrant further investigation.
- Authors: Prichard RS, Cotter M, Evoy D, Gibbons D, Collins C, McDermott E, Skehan S
- Issue date: 2011 Jun
- Thyroid incidentalomas on fluorine-18-fluorodeoxyglucose positron emission tomography-computed tomography: incidence, malignancy risk, and comparison of standardized uptake values.
- Authors: Kao YH, Lim SS, Ong SC, Padhy AK
- Issue date: 2012 Nov