The impact of the SAGE & THYME foundation level workshop on factors influencing communication skills in health care professionals.
AffiliationMacmillan Palliative Care Service, University Hospital of South Manchester NHS Foundation Trust, Manchester, M23 9LT, UK
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractThe "SAGE & THYME Foundation Level Workshop" delivers evidence-based communication skills training to 30 health care workers in 3 hours. It teaches a structured approach (the SAGE & THYME model) to discuss patient/carer concerns. The aim of this study was to determine whether the workshop had a positive outcome on factors that influence communication skills.
CitationThe impact of the SAGE & THYME foundation level workshop on factors influencing communication skills in health care professionals. 2014, 34 (1):37-46 J Contin Educ Health Prof
JournalThe Journal of Continuing Education in the Health Professions
- SAGE & THYME: a model for training health and social care professionals in patient-focussed support.
- Authors: Connolly M, Perryman J, McKenna Y, Orford J, Thomson L, Shuttleworth J, Cocksedge S
- Issue date: 2010 Apr
- Improving communication with palliative care cancer patients at home - A pilot study of SAGE & THYME communication skills model.
- Authors: Griffiths J, Wilson C, Ewing G, Connolly M, Grande G
- Issue date: 2015 Oct
- An interprofessional approach to teaching communication skills.
- Authors: Sargeant J, MacLeod T, Murray A
- Issue date: 2011 Fall
- Evaluation of an integrated communication skills training program for nurses in cancer care in Beijing, China.
- Authors: Liu JE, Mok E, Wong T, Xue L, Xu B
- Issue date: 2007 May-Jun
- On a wing and a prayer: an assessment of modularized crew resource management training for health care professionals.
- Authors: Clay-Williams R, Greenfield D, Stone J, Braithwaite J
- Issue date: 2014 Winter