A new in situ hybridization and immunohistochemistry with a novel antibody to detect small T-antigen expressions of Merkel cell polyomavirus (MCPyV).
AffiliationDivision of Molecular Pathology, Department of Pathology, Tottori University Faculty of Medicine, Yonago, Japan.
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractApproximately 80% of Merkel cell carcinomas (MCCs) harbor Merkel cell polyomavirus (MCPyV) which monoclonally integrates into the genome and has prognostic significance. The presence or absence of MCPyV is usually diagnosed using CM2B4 immunohistochemistry (IHC) for MCPyV-large T antigen (LT) protein. However, this method poses a risk of misdiagnosis.
CitationA new in situ hybridization and immunohistochemistry with a novel antibody to detect small T-antigen expressions of Merkel cell polyomavirus (MCPyV). 2014, 9:65 Diagn Pathol
- No evidence for a causal role of Merkel cell polyomavirus in keratoacanthoma.
- Authors: Wieland U, Scola N, Stolte B, Stücker M, Silling S, Kreuter A
- Issue date: 2012 Jul
- Usefulness of significant morphologic characteristics in distinguishing between Merkel cell polyomavirus-positive and Merkel cell polyomavirus-negative Merkel cell carcinomas.
- Authors: Iwasaki T, Matsushita M, Kuwamoto S, Kato M, Murakami I, Higaki-Mori H, Nakajima H, Sano S, Hayashi K
- Issue date: 2013 Sep
- The prevalence of Merkel cell polyomavirus in Japanese patients with Merkel cell carcinoma.
- Authors: Hattori T, Takeuchi Y, Takenouchi T, Hirofuji A, Tsuchida T, Kabumoto T, Fujiwara H, Ito M, Shimizu A, Okada E, Motegi S, Tamura A, Ishikawa O
- Issue date: 2013 May
- Quantitative analysis of viral load per haploid genome revealed the different biological features of Merkel cell polyomavirus infection in skin tumor.
- Authors: Ota S, Ishikawa S, Takazawa Y, Goto A, Fujii T, Ohashi K, Fukayama M
- Issue date: 2012
- Prevalence of human polyomaviruses in common and rare types of non-Merkel cell carcinoma skin cancer.
- Authors: Scola N, Wieland U, Silling S, Altmeyer P, Stücker M, Kreuter A
- Issue date: 2012 Dec