A new in situ hybridization and immunohistochemistry with a novel antibody to detect small T-antigen expressions of Merkel cell polyomavirus (MCPyV).
AffiliationDivision of Molecular Pathology, Department of Pathology, Tottori University Faculty of Medicine, Yonago, Japan.
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractApproximately 80% of Merkel cell carcinomas (MCCs) harbor Merkel cell polyomavirus (MCPyV) which monoclonally integrates into the genome and has prognostic significance. The presence or absence of MCPyV is usually diagnosed using CM2B4 immunohistochemistry (IHC) for MCPyV-large T antigen (LT) protein. However, this method poses a risk of misdiagnosis.
CitationA new in situ hybridization and immunohistochemistry with a novel antibody to detect small T-antigen expressions of Merkel cell polyomavirus (MCPyV). 2014, 9:65 Diagn Pathol
- No evidence for a causal role of Merkel cell polyomavirus in keratoacanthoma.
- Authors: Wieland U, Scola N, Stolte B, Stücker M, Silling S, Kreuter A
- Issue date: 2012 Jul
- Usefulness of significant morphologic characteristics in distinguishing between Merkel cell polyomavirus-positive and Merkel cell polyomavirus-negative Merkel cell carcinomas.
- Authors: Iwasaki T, Matsushita M, Kuwamoto S, Kato M, Murakami I, Higaki-Mori H, Nakajima H, Sano S, Hayashi K
- Issue date: 2013 Sep
- A monoclonal antibody against SV40 large T antigen (PAb416) does not label Merkel cell carcinoma.
- Authors: Pelletier DJ, Czeczok TW, Bellizzi AM
- Issue date: 2018 Jul
- The prevalence of Merkel cell polyomavirus in Japanese patients with Merkel cell carcinoma.
- Authors: Hattori T, Takeuchi Y, Takenouchi T, Hirofuji A, Tsuchida T, Kabumoto T, Fujiwara H, Ito M, Shimizu A, Okada E, Motegi S, Tamura A, Ishikawa O
- Issue date: 2013 May
- Polyomavirus-Negative Merkel Cell Carcinoma: A More Aggressive Subtype Based on Analysis of 282 Cases Using Multimodal Tumor Virus Detection.
- Authors: Moshiri AS, Doumani R, Yelistratova L, Blom A, Lachance K, Shinohara MM, Delaney M, Chang O, McArdle S, Thomas H, Asgari MM, Huang ML, Schwartz SM, Nghiem P
- Issue date: 2017 Apr