Early reduction in tumour [18F]fluorothymidine (FLT) uptake in patients with non-small cell lung cancer (NSCLC) treated with radiotherapy alone.
Ryder, W David J
Blackhall, Fiona H
AffiliationInstitute of Population Health, Wolfson Molecular Imaging Centre, Manchester Academic Health Sciences Centre, The University of Manchester, Manchester, M20 3LJ, UK
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractChanges in tumour 3'-deoxy-3'-[(18)F]fluorothymidine (FLT) uptake during concurrent chemo-radiotherapy in patients with non-small cell lung cancer (NSCLC) have been reported, at variable time points, in two pilot positron emission tomography (PET) studies. The aim of this study was to assess whether FLT changes occur early in response to radiotherapy (RT) without concurrent chemotherapy and whether such changes exceed test-retest variability.
CitationEarly reduction in tumour [18F]fluorothymidine (FLT) uptake in patients with non-small cell lung cancer (NSCLC) treated with radiotherapy alone. 2014, 41 (4):682-93 Eur J Nucl Med Mol Imaging
JournalEuropean Journal of Nuclear Medicine and Molecular Imaging
- Simultaneous positron emission tomography (PET) assessment of metabolism with ¹⁸F-fluoro-2-deoxy-d-glucose (FDG), proliferation with ¹⁸F-fluoro-thymidine (FLT), and hypoxia with ¹⁸fluoro-misonidazole (F-miso) before and during radiotherapy in patients with non-small-cell lung cancer (NSCLC): a pilot study.
- Authors: Vera P, Bohn P, Edet-Sanson A, Salles A, Hapdey S, Gardin I, Ménard JF, Modzelewski R, Thiberville L, Dubray B
- Issue date: 2011 Jan
- Serial assessment of FDG-PET FDG uptake and functional volume during radiotherapy (RT) in patients with non-small cell lung cancer (NSCLC).
- Authors: Edet-Sanson A, Dubray B, Doyeux K, Back A, Hapdey S, Modzelewski R, Bohn P, Gardin I, Vera P
- Issue date: 2012 Feb
- Imaging cellular proliferation during chemo-radiotherapy: a pilot study of serial 18F-FLT positron emission tomography/computed tomography imaging for non-small-cell lung cancer.
- Authors: Everitt S, Hicks RJ, Ball D, Kron T, Schneider-Kolsky M, Walter T, Binns D, Mac Manus M
- Issue date: 2009 Nov 15
- Correlation of 18F-FLT and 18F-FDG uptake on PET with Ki-67 immunohistochemistry in non-small cell lung cancer.
- Authors: Yamamoto Y, Nishiyama Y, Ishikawa S, Nakano J, Chang SS, Bandoh S, Kanaji N, Haba R, Kushida Y, Ohkawa M
- Issue date: 2007 Oct
- Interobserver agreement of qualitative analysis and tumor delineation of 18F-fluoromisonidazole and 3'-deoxy-3'-18F-fluorothymidine PET images in lung cancer.
- Authors: Thureau S, Chaumet-Riffaud P, Modzelewski R, Fernandez P, Tessonnier L, Vervueren L, Cachin F, Berriolo-Riedinger A, Olivier P, Kolesnikov-Gauthier H, Blagosklonov O, Bridji B, Devillers A, Collombier L, Courbon F, Gremillet E, Houzard C, Caignon JM, Roux J, Aide N, Brenot-Rossi I, Doyeux K, Dubray B, Vera P
- Issue date: 2013 Sep