Use of pre-ablation radioiodine-131 scan to assess the impact of surgical volume and specialisation following thyroidectomy for differentiated thyroid carcinoma.
AffiliationThe Christie NHS Foundation Trust, Manchester
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractWe evaluated the relationship between thyroid remnant size following thyroidectomy for differentiated thyroid carcinoma and surgical volume and specialisation by assessing pre-ablation radioiodine-131 ((131)I) thyroid bed uptake (TBU) scanning as a surrogate for residual thyroid tissue.
CitationUse of Pre-Ablation Radioiodine-131 Scan to Assess the Impact of Surgical Volume and Specialisation following Thyroidectomy for Differentiated Thyroid Carcinoma. 2013, 2 (4):275-81 Eur Thyroid J
JournalEuropean Thyroid Journal
- Comparison of 800 and 3700 MBq iodine-131 for the postoperative ablation of thyroid remnant in patients with low-risk differentiated thyroid cancer.
- Authors: Caglar M, Bozkurt FM, Akca CK, Vargol SE, Bayraktar M, Ugur O, Karaağaoğlu E
- Issue date: 2012 Mar
- Use of radioiodine-131 scan to measure influence of surgical discipline, practice, and volume on residual thyroid tissue after total thyroidectomy for differentiated thyroid carcinoma.
- Authors: Song JSA, Moolman N, Burrell S, Rajaraman M, Bullock MJ, Trites J, Taylor SM, Rigby MH, Hart RD
- Issue date: 2018 Oct
- Chinese Data of Efficacy of Low- and High-Dose Iodine-131 for the Ablation of Thyroid Remnant.
- Authors: Ma C, Feng F, Wang S, Fu H, Wu S, Ye Z, Chen S, Wang H
- Issue date: 2017 Jun
- Differentiated thyroid cancer: radioiodine following lobectomy - a clinical feasibility study.
- Authors: Hoyes KP, Owens SE, Millns MM, Allan E
- Issue date: 2004 Mar
- Radioactive iodine administered for thyroid remnant ablation following recombinant human thyroid stimulating hormone preparation also has an important adjuvant therapy function.
- Authors: Tuttle RM, Lopez N, Leboeuf R, Minkowitz SM, Grewal R, Brokhin M, Omry G, Larson S
- Issue date: 2010 Mar