Modafinil for the treatment of fatigue in lung cancer: results of a placebo-controlled, double-blind, randomized trial.
Blackhall, Fiona H
AffiliationCambridge University Hospitals National Health Service (NHS) Foundation Trust, Cambridge
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractFatigue is a distressing symptom occurring in more than 60% of patients with cancer. The CNS stimulants modafinil and methylphenidate are recommended for the treatment of cancer-related fatigue, despite a limited evidence base. We aimed to evaluate the efficacy and tolerability of modafinil in the management of fatigue in patients with non-small-cell lung cancer (NSCLC).
CitationModafinil for the treatment of fatigue in lung cancer: results of a placebo-controlled, double-blind, randomized trial. 2014: J Clin Oncol
JournalJournal of Clinical Oncology
- Modafinil for the treatment of fatigue in lung cancer: a pilot study.
- Authors: Spathis A, Dhillan R, Booden D, Forbes K, Vrotsou K, Fife K
- Issue date: 2009 Jun
- Safety and efficacy of amantadine, modafinil, and methylphenidate for fatigue in multiple sclerosis: a randomised, placebo-controlled, crossover, double-blind trial.
- Authors: Nourbakhsh B, Revirajan N, Morris B, Cordano C, Creasman J, Manguinao M, Krysko K, Rutatangwa A, Auvray C, Aljarallah S, Jin C, Mowry E, McCulloch C, Waubant E
- Issue date: 2021 Jan
- Coadministration of modafinil and a selective serotonin reuptake inhibitor from the initiation of treatment of major depressive disorder with fatigue and sleepiness: a double-blind, placebo-controlled study.
- Authors: Dunlop BW, Crits-Christoph P, Evans DL, Hirschowitz J, Solvason HB, Rickels K, Garlow SJ, Gallop RJ, Ninan PT
- Issue date: 2007 Dec
- Modafinil for fatigue in MS: a randomized placebo-controlled double-blind study.
- Authors: Stankoff B, Waubant E, Confavreux C, Edan G, Debouverie M, Rumbach L, Moreau T, Pelletier J, Lubetzki C, Clanet M, French Modafinil Study Group.
- Issue date: 2005 Apr 12
- Modafinil treatment for fatigue in HIV/AIDS: a randomized placebo-controlled study.
- Authors: Rabkin JG, McElhiney MC, Rabkin R, McGrath PJ
- Issue date: 2010 Jun