STROGAR - STrengthening the Reporting Of Genetic Association studies in Radiogenomics.
de Ruysscher, D
Davidson, Susan E
West, Catharine M L
AffiliationDepartment of Radiation Oncology, Mount Sinai School of Medicine, New York, USA
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractDespite publication of numerous radiogenomics studies to date, positive single nucleotide polymorphism (SNP) associations have rarely been reproduced in independent validation studies. A major reason for these inconsistencies is a high number of false positive findings because no adjustments were made for multiple comparisons. It is also possible that some validation studies were false negatives due to methodological shortcomings or a failure to reproduce relevant details of the original study. Transparent reporting is needed to ensure these flaws do not hamper progress in radiogenomics. In response to the need for improving the quality of research in the area, the Radiogenomics Consortium produced an 18-item checklist for reporting radiogenomics studies. It is recognised that not all studies will have recorded all of the information included in the checklist. However, authors should report on all checklist items and acknowledge any missing information. Use of STROGAR guidelines will advance the field of radiogenomics by increasing the transparency and completeness of reporting.
CitationSTROGAR - STrengthening the Reporting Of Genetic Association studies in Radiogenomics. 2014, 110 (1):182-8 Radiother Oncol
JournalRadiotherapy and Oncology
- Reporting quality of European and Croatian health practice guidelines according to the RIGHT reporting checklist.
- Authors: Tokalić R, Viđak M, Buljan I, Marušić A
- Issue date: 2018 Oct 29
- The Single-Case Reporting Guideline In BEhavioural Interventions (SCRIBE) 2016 Statement.
- Authors: Tate RL, Perdices M, Rosenkoetter U, Shadish W, Vohra S, Barlow DH, Horner R, Kazdin A, Kratochwill T, McDonald S, Sampson M, Shamseer L, Togher L, Albin R, Backman C, Douglas J, Evans JJ, Gast D, Manolov R, Mitchell G, Nickels L, Nikles J, Ownsworth T, Rose M, Schmid CH, Wilson B
- Issue date: 2016 May
- Radiogenomics - current status, challenges and future directions.
- Authors: Andreassen CN, Schack LM, Laursen LV, Alsner J
- Issue date: 2016 Nov 1
- Polish translation of the Anatomical Quality Assurance (AQUA) Checklist: new guidelines for reporting in original anatomical studies.
- Authors: Henry BM, Marcinów A, Pękala P, Taterra D, Loukas M, Tubbs RS, Walocha JA, Tomaszewski KA
- Issue date: 2017
- Development and validation of the guideline for reporting evidence-based practice educational interventions and teaching (GREET).
- Authors: Phillips AC, Lewis LK, McEvoy MP, Galipeau J, Glasziou P, Moher D, Tilson JK, Williams MT
- Issue date: 2016 Sep 6