An Isotoxic Planning Comparison Study for Stage II-III Non-small Cell Lung Cancer: Is Intensity-modulated Radiotherapy the Answer?
AffiliationChristie Medical Physics and Engineering, The Christie NHS Foundation Trust, Manchester, UK
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractRecent clinical series suggest that treating patients with isotoxic twice-daily radiotherapy may be beneficial. This dosimetric planning study compared the use of intensity-modulated radiotherapy (IMRT) and three-dimensional conformal radiotherapy (3DRT) to deliver isotoxic treatment for non-small cell lung cancer (NSCLC) patients.
CitationAn Isotoxic Planning Comparison Study for Stage II-III Non-small Cell Lung Cancer: Is Intensity-modulated Radiotherapy the Answer? 2014: Clin Oncol
- Potential for reduced toxicity and dose escalation in the treatment of inoperable non-small-cell lung cancer: a comparison of intensity-modulated radiation therapy (IMRT), 3D conformal radiation, and elective nodal irradiation.
- Authors: Grills IS, Yan D, Martinez AA, Vicini FA, Wong JW, Kestin LL
- Issue date: 2003 Nov 1
- Dose heterogeneity in the target volume and intensity-modulated radiotherapy to escalate the dose in the treatment of non-small-cell lung cancer.
- Authors: Schwarz M, Alber M, Lebesque JV, Mijnheer BJ, Damen EM
- Issue date: 2005 Jun 1
- Dose and volume reduction for normal lung using intensity-modulated radiotherapy for advanced-stage non-small-cell lung cancer.
- Authors: Murshed H, Liu HH, Liao Z, Barker JL, Wang X, Tucker SL, Chandra A, Guerrero T, Stevens C, Chang JY, Jeter M, Cox JD, Komaki R, Mohan R
- Issue date: 2004 Mar 15
- Intraindividual comparison of conventional three-dimensional radiotherapy and intensity modulated radiotherapy in the therapy of locally advanced non-small cell lung cancer a planning study.
- Authors: Marnitz S, Stuschke M, Bohsung J, Moys A, Reng I, Wurm R, Budach V
- Issue date: 2002 Nov
- Impact of intensity-modulated radiation therapy as a boost treatment on the lung-dose distributions for non-small-cell lung cancer.
- Authors: Choi Y, Kim JK, Lee HS, Hur WJ, Chai GY, Kang KM
- Issue date: 2005 Nov 1