Activity of the monocarboxylate transporter 1 inhibitor AZD3965 in small cell lung cancer.
Hodgkinson, Cassandra L
Blackhall, Fiona H
Morrow, Christopher J
AffiliationClinical and Experimental Pharmacology Group, Cancer Research UK Manchester Institute; Faculty of Life Sciences and Medical and Human Sciences, Manchester Academic Health Sciences Centre, University of Manchester
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractThe monocarboxylate transporter 1 (MCT1) inhibitor, AZD3965, is undergoing phase I evaluation in the United Kingdom. AZD3965 is proposed, via lactate transport modulation, to kill tumor cells reliant on glycolysis. We investigated the therapeutic potential of AZD3965 in small cell lung cancer (SCLC) seeking rationale for clinical testing in this disease and putative predictive biomarkers for trial use.
CitationActivity of the monocarboxylate transporter 1 inhibitor AZD3965 in small cell lung cancer. 2014, 20 (4):926-37 Clin Cancer Res
JournalClinical Cancer Research
- Inhibition of monocarboxyate transporter 1 by AZD3965 as a novel therapeutic approach for diffuse large B-cell lymphoma and Burkitt lymphoma.
- Authors: Noble RA, Bell N, Blair H, Sikka A, Thomas H, Phillips N, Nakjang S, Miwa S, Crossland R, Rand V, Televantou D, Long A, Keun HC, Bacon CM, Bomken S, Critchlow SE, Wedge SR
- Issue date: 2017 Jul
- MCT1 Inhibitor AZD3965 Increases Mitochondrial Metabolism, Facilitating Combination Therapy and Noninvasive Magnetic Resonance Spectroscopy.
- Authors: Beloueche-Babari M, Wantuch S, Casals Galobart T, Koniordou M, Parkes HG, Arunan V, Chung YL, Eykyn TR, Smith PD, Leach MO
- Issue date: 2017 Nov 1
- Inhibition of monocarboxylate transporter-1 (MCT1) by AZD3965 enhances radiosensitivity by reducing lactate transport.
- Authors: Bola BM, Chadwick AL, Michopoulos F, Blount KG, Telfer BA, Williams KJ, Smith PD, Critchlow SE, Stratford IJ
- Issue date: 2014 Dec
- MCT1 Modulates Cancer Cell Pyruvate Export and Growth of Tumors that Co-express MCT1 and MCT4.
- Authors: Hong CS, Graham NA, Gu W, Espindola Camacho C, Mah V, Maresh EL, Alavi M, Bagryanova L, Krotee PAL, Gardner BK, Behbahan IS, Horvath S, Chia D, Mellinghoff IK, Hurvitz SA, Dubinett SM, Critchlow SE, Kurdistani SK, Goodglick L, Braas D, Graeber TG, Christofk HR
- Issue date: 2016 Feb 23
- Optimisation of immunofluorescence methods to determine MCT1 and MCT4 expression in circulating tumour cells.
- Authors: Kershaw S, Cummings J, Morris K, Tugwood J, Dive C
- Issue date: 2015 May 10