Quality of life and utility in patients with metastatic soft tissue and bone sarcoma: the sarcoma treatment and burden of illness in North America and Europe.
Leahy, Michael G
Garcia Del Muro, X
AffiliationDepartment of Hematology, Oncology and Palliative Care, Sarcoma Center Berlin-Brandenburg, HELIOS Klinikum Bad Saarow, 15526 Bad Saarow, Germany
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractThe aim of the study was to assess health-related quality of life (HRQoL) among metastatic soft tissue (mSTS) or bone sarcoma (mBS) patients who had attained a favourable response to chemotherapy. We employed the EORTC QLQ-C30, the 3-item Cancer-Related Symptoms Questionnaire, and the EQ-5D instrument. HRQoL was evaluated overall and by health state in 120 mSTS/mBS patients enrolled in the SABINE study across nine countries in Europe and North America. Utility was estimated from responses to the EQ-5D instrument using UK population-based weights. The mean EQ-5D utility score was 0.69 for the pooled patient sample with little variation across health states. However, patients with progressive disease reported a clinically significant lower utility (0.56). Among disease symptoms, pain and respiratory symptoms are common. This study showed that mSTS/mBS is associated with reduced HRQoL and utility among patients with metastatic disease.
CitationQuality of life and utility in patients with metastatic soft tissue and bone sarcoma: the sarcoma treatment and burden of illness in North America and Europe (SABINE) Study. 2012, 2012:740279 Sarcoma
- Cost of treatment in patients with metastatic soft tissue sarcoma who respond favourably to chemotherpy. The SArcoma treatment and Burden of Illness in North America and Europe (SABINE) study.
- Authors: Jönsson L, Justo N, Musayev A, Krishna A, Burke T, Pellissier J, Judson I, Staddon A, Blay JY
- Issue date: 2016 May
- Health-related quality of life in patients with microsatellite instability-high or mismatch repair deficient metastatic colorectal cancer treated with first-line pembrolizumab versus chemotherapy (KEYNOTE-177): an open-label, randomised, phase 3 trial.
- Authors: Andre T, Amonkar M, Norquist JM, Shiu KK, Kim TW, Jensen BV, Jensen LH, Punt CJA, Smith D, Garcia-Carbonero R, Sevilla I, De La Fouchardiere C, Rivera F, Elez E, Diaz LA Jr, Yoshino T, Van Cutsem E, Yang P, Farooqui M, Le DT
- Issue date: 2021 May
- Does palliative chemotherapy really palliate and are we measuring it correctly? A mixed methods longitudinal study of health related quality of life in advanced soft tissue sarcoma.
- Authors: Gough N, Koffman J, Ross JR, Riley J, Judson I
- Issue date: 2019
- Health-Related Quality of Life and Health Utilities in Metastatic Castrate-Resistant Prostate Cancer: A Survey Capturing Experiences from a Diverse Sample of UK Patients.
- Authors: Lloyd AJ, Kerr C, Penton J, Knerer G
- Issue date: 2015 Dec
- Mapping EORTC-QLQ-C30 to EQ-5D-3L in patients with colorectal cancer.
- Authors: Marriott ER, van Hazel G, Gibbs P, Hatswell AJ
- Issue date: 2017 Feb