Quality of life and utility in patients with metastatic soft tissue and bone sarcoma: the sarcoma treatment and burden of illness in North America and Europe.
Leahy, Michael G
Garcia Del Muro, X
AffiliationDepartment of Hematology, Oncology and Palliative Care, Sarcoma Center Berlin-Brandenburg, HELIOS Klinikum Bad Saarow, 15526 Bad Saarow, Germany
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractThe aim of the study was to assess health-related quality of life (HRQoL) among metastatic soft tissue (mSTS) or bone sarcoma (mBS) patients who had attained a favourable response to chemotherapy. We employed the EORTC QLQ-C30, the 3-item Cancer-Related Symptoms Questionnaire, and the EQ-5D instrument. HRQoL was evaluated overall and by health state in 120 mSTS/mBS patients enrolled in the SABINE study across nine countries in Europe and North America. Utility was estimated from responses to the EQ-5D instrument using UK population-based weights. The mean EQ-5D utility score was 0.69 for the pooled patient sample with little variation across health states. However, patients with progressive disease reported a clinically significant lower utility (0.56). Among disease symptoms, pain and respiratory symptoms are common. This study showed that mSTS/mBS is associated with reduced HRQoL and utility among patients with metastatic disease.
CitationQuality of life and utility in patients with metastatic soft tissue and bone sarcoma: the sarcoma treatment and burden of illness in North America and Europe (SABINE) Study. 2012, 2012:740279 Sarcoma
- Cost of treatment in patients with metastatic soft tissue sarcoma who respond favourably to chemotherpy. The SArcoma treatment and Burden of Illness in North America and Europe (SABINE) study.
- Authors: Jönsson L, Justo N, Musayev A, Krishna A, Burke T, Pellissier J, Judson I, Staddon A, Blay JY
- Issue date: 2016 May
- Health-Related Quality of Life and Health Utilities in Metastatic Castrate-Resistant Prostate Cancer: A Survey Capturing Experiences from a Diverse Sample of UK Patients.
- Authors: Lloyd AJ, Kerr C, Penton J, Knerer G
- Issue date: 2015 Dec
- Mapping EORTC QLQ-C30 and QLQ-MY20 to EQ-5D in patients with multiple myeloma.
- Authors: Proskorovsky I, Lewis P, Williams CD, Jordan K, Kyriakou C, Ishak J, Davies FE
- Issue date: 2014 Mar 11
- Health-related quality-of-life results from PALETTE: A randomized, double-blind, phase 3 trial of pazopanib versus placebo in patients with soft tissue sarcoma whose disease has progressed during or after prior chemotherapy-a European Organization for research and treatment of cancer soft tissue and bone sarcoma group global network study (EORTC 62072).
- Authors: Coens C, van der Graaf WT, Blay JY, Chawla SP, Judson I, Sanfilippo R, Manson SC, Hodge RA, Marreaud S, Prins JB, Lugowska I, Litière S, Bottomley A
- Issue date: 2015 Sep 1
- Mapping EORTC QLQ-C30 onto EQ-5D for the assessment of cancer patients.
- Authors: Kim SH, Jo MW, Kim HJ, Ahn JH
- Issue date: 2012 Dec 17