Comprehensive validation of cardiovascular magnetic resonance techniques for the assessment of myocardial extracellular volume.
AffiliationNorth West Heart Centre and The Transplant Centre, University Hospitalof South Manchester, Wythenshawe Hospital, Manchester, United Kingdom.
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractExtracellular matrix expansion is a key element of ventricular remodeling and a potential therapeutic target. Cardiovascular magnetic resonance (CMR) T1-mapping techniques are increasingly used to evaluate myocardial extracellular volume (ECV); however, the most widely applied methods are without histological validation. Our aim was to perform comprehensive validation of (1) dynamic-equilibrium CMR (DynEq-CMR), where ECV is quantified using hematocrit-adjusted myocardial and blood T1 values measured before and after gadolinium bolus; and (2) isolated measurement of myocardial T1, used as an ECV surrogate.
CitationComprehensive validation of cardiovascular magnetic resonance techniques for the assessment of myocardial extracellular volume. 2013, 6 (3):373-83 Circ Cardiovasc Imaging
JournalCirculation. Cardiovascular Imaging
- Histological validation of cardiovascular magnetic resonance T1 mapping markers of myocardial fibrosis in paediatric heart transplant recipients.
- Authors: Ide S, Riesenkampff E, Chiasson DA, Dipchand AI, Kantor PF, Chaturvedi RR, Yoo SJ, Grosse-Wortmann L
- Issue date: 2017 Feb 1
- T1 mapping for myocardial extracellular volume measurement by CMR: bolus only versus primed infusion technique.
- Authors: White SK, Sado DM, Fontana M, Banypersad SM, Maestrini V, Flett AS, Piechnik SK, Robson MD, Hausenloy DJ, Sheikh AM, Hawkins PN, Moon JC
- Issue date: 2013 Sep
- T1 mapping of the myocardium: intra-individual assessment of post-contrast T1 time evolution and extracellular volume fraction at 3T for Gd-DTPA and Gd-BOPTA.
- Authors: Kawel N, Nacif M, Zavodni A, Jones J, Liu S, Sibley CT, Bluemke DA
- Issue date: 2012 Apr 28
- Association between myocardial extracellular volume and strain analysis through cardiovascular magnetic resonance with histological myocardial fibrosis in patients awaiting heart transplantation.
- Authors: Cui Y, Cao Y, Song J, Dong N, Kong X, Wang J, Yuan Y, Zhu X, Yan X, Greiser A, Shi H, Han P
- Issue date: 2018 Apr 23
- Histological Validation of measurement of diffuse interstitial myocardial fibrosis by myocardial extravascular volume fraction from Modified Look-Locker imaging (MOLLI) T1 mapping at 3 T.
- Authors: de Meester de Ravenstein C, Bouzin C, Lazam S, Boulif J, Amzulescu M, Melchior J, Pasquet A, Vancraeynest D, Pouleur AC, Vanoverschelde JL, Gerber BL
- Issue date: 2015 Jun 11