A specific PTPRC/CD45 phosphorylation event governed by stem cell chemokine CXCL12 regulates primitive hematopoietic cell motility.
AuthorsWilliamson, Andrew J K
Lancashire, Lee J
Unwin, Richard D
Walker, Michael J
Whetton, Anthony D
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractCXCL12 governs cellular motility, a process deregulated by hematopoietic stem cell oncogenes such as p210-BCR-ABL. A phosphoproteomics approach to the analysis of a hematopoietic progenitor cell line treated with CXCL12 and the Rac 1 and 2 inhibitor NSC23766 has been employed to objectively discover novel mechanisms for regulation of stem cells in normal and malignant hematopoiesis. The proteomic data sets identified new aspects of CXCL12-mediated signaling and novel features of stem cell regulation. We also identified a novel phosphorylation event in hematopoietic progenitor cells that correlated with motile response and governed by the chemotactic factor CXCL12. The novel phosphorylation site on PTPRC/CD45; a protein tyrosine phosphatase, was validated by raising an antibody to the site and also using a mass spectrometry absolute quantification strategy. Site directed mutagenesis and inhibitor studies demonstrated that this single phosphorylation site governs hematopoietic progenitor cell and lymphoid cell motility, lies downstream from Rac proteins and potentiates Src signaling. We have also demonstrated that PTPRC/CD45 is down-regulated in leukemogenic tyrosine kinase expressing cells. The use of discovery proteomics has enabled further understanding of the regulation of PTPRC/CD45 and its important role in cellular motility in progenitor cells.
CitationA specific PTPRC/CD45 phosphorylation event governed by stem cell chemokine CXCL12 regulates primitive hematopoietic cell motility. 2013, 12 (11):3319-29 Mol Cell Proteomics
JournalMolecular & Cellular Proteomics
- p210BCR-ABL inhibits SDF-1 chemotactic response via alteration of CXCR4 signaling and down-regulation of CXCR4 expression.
- Authors: Geay JF, Buet D, Zhang Y, Foudi A, Jarrier P, Berthebaud M, Turhan AG, Vainchenker W, Louache F
- Issue date: 2005 Apr 1
- A novel SH2-containing phosphatidylinositol 3,4,5-trisphosphate 5-phosphatase (SHIP2) is constitutively tyrosine phosphorylated and associated with src homologous and collagen gene (SHC) in chronic myelogenous leukemia progenitor cells.
- Authors: Wisniewski D, Strife A, Swendeman S, Erdjument-Bromage H, Geromanos S, Kavanaugh WM, Tempst P, Clarkson B
- Issue date: 1999 Apr 15
- AHI-1 interacts with BCR-ABL and modulates BCR-ABL transforming activity and imatinib response of CML stem/progenitor cells.
- Authors: Zhou LL, Zhao Y, Ringrose A, DeGeer D, Kennah E, Lin AE, Sheng G, Li XJ, Turhan A, Jiang X
- Issue date: 2008 Oct 27
- p210(Bcr-Abl) desensitizes Cdc42 GTPase signaling for SDF-1alpha-directed migration in chronic myeloid leukemia cells.
- Authors: Chang YC, Tien SC, Tien HF, Zhang H, Bokoch GM, Chang ZF
- Issue date: 2009 Nov 19
- Targeting of GSK3β promotes imatinib-mediated apoptosis in quiescent CD34+ chronic myeloid leukemia progenitors, preserving normal stem cells.
- Authors: Reddiconto G, Toto C, Palamà I, De Leo S, de Luca E, De Matteis S, Dini L, Passerini CG, Di Renzo N, Maffia M, Coluccia AM
- Issue date: 2012 Mar 8