Scavenger receptor class B type I regulates cellular cholesterol metabolism and cell signaling associated with breast cancer development.
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractPrevious studies have identified cholesterol as an important regulator of breast cancer development. High-density lipoprotein (HDL) and its cellular receptor, the scavenger receptor class B type I (SR-BI) have both been implicated in the regulation of cellular cholesterol homeostasis, but their functions in cancer remain to be established.
CitationScavenger receptor class B type I regulates cellular cholesterol metabolism and cell signaling associated with breast cancer development. 2013, 15 (5):R87 Breast Cancer Res
JournalBreast Cancer Research
- The human breast carcinoma cell line HBL-100 acquires exogenous cholesterol from high-density lipoprotein via CLA-1 (CD-36 and LIMPII analogous 1)-mediated selective cholesteryl ester uptake.
- Authors: Pussinen PJ, Karten B, Wintersperger A, Reicher H, McLean M, Malle E, Sattler W
- Issue date: 2000 Jul 15
- Comparison of expression and regulation of the high-density lipoprotein receptor SR-BI and the low-density lipoprotein receptor in human adrenocortical carcinoma NCI-H295 cells.
- Authors: Martin G, Pilon A, Albert C, Vallé M, Hum DW, Fruchart JC, Najib J, Clavey V, Staels B
- Issue date: 1999 Apr
- Oxidized low density lipoprotein decreases macrophage expression of scavenger receptor B-I.
- Authors: Han J, Nicholson AC, Zhou X, Feng J, Gotto AM Jr, Hajjar DP
- Issue date: 2001 May 11
- Caveolin-1 negatively regulates SR-BI mediated selective uptake of high-density lipoprotein-derived cholesteryl ester.
- Authors: Matveev S, Uittenbogaard A, van Der Westhuyzen D, Smart EJ
- Issue date: 2001 Nov
- Scavenger receptor, class B, type I-dependent stimulation of cholesterol esterification by high density lipoproteins, low density lipoproteins, and nonlipoprotein cholesterol.
- Authors: Stangl H, Cao G, Wyne KL, Hobbs HH
- Issue date: 1998 Nov 20