Scavenger receptor class B type I regulates cellular cholesterol metabolism and cell signaling associated with breast cancer development.
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractPrevious studies have identified cholesterol as an important regulator of breast cancer development. High-density lipoprotein (HDL) and its cellular receptor, the scavenger receptor class B type I (SR-BI) have both been implicated in the regulation of cellular cholesterol homeostasis, but their functions in cancer remain to be established.
CitationScavenger receptor class B type I regulates cellular cholesterol metabolism and cell signaling associated with breast cancer development. 2013, 15 (5):R87 Breast Cancer Res
JournalBreast Cancer Research
- Oxidized low density lipoprotein decreases macrophage expression of scavenger receptor B-I.
- Authors: Han J, Nicholson AC, Zhou X, Feng J, Gotto AM Jr, Hajjar DP
- Issue date: 2001 May 11
- A mutant high-density lipoprotein receptor inhibits proliferation of human breast cancer cells.
- Authors: Cao WM, Murao K, Imachi H, Yu X, Abe H, Yamauchi A, Niimi M, Miyauchi A, Wong NC, Ishida T
- Issue date: 2004 Feb 15
- Hypochlorite-modified high density lipoprotein, a high affinity ligand to scavenger receptor class B, type I, impairs high density lipoprotein-dependent selective lipid uptake and reverse cholesterol transport.
- Authors: Marsche G, Hammer A, Oskolkova O, Kozarsky KF, Sattler W, Malle E
- Issue date: 2002 Aug 30
- Regulation of scavenger receptor, class B, type I, a high density lipoprotein receptor, in liver and steroidogenic tissues of the rat.
- Authors: Landschulz KT, Pathak RK, Rigotti A, Krieger M, Hobbs HH
- Issue date: 1996 Aug 15
- Regulation by vitamin E of the scavenger receptor BI in rat liver and HepG2 cells.
- Authors: Witt W, Kolleck I, Fechner H, Sinha P, Rüstow B
- Issue date: 2000 Dec