Scavenger receptor class B type I regulates cellular cholesterol metabolism and cell signaling associated with breast cancer development.
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractPrevious studies have identified cholesterol as an important regulator of breast cancer development. High-density lipoprotein (HDL) and its cellular receptor, the scavenger receptor class B type I (SR-BI) have both been implicated in the regulation of cellular cholesterol homeostasis, but their functions in cancer remain to be established.
CitationScavenger receptor class B type I regulates cellular cholesterol metabolism and cell signaling associated with breast cancer development. 2013, 15 (5):R87 Breast Cancer Res
JournalBreast Cancer Research
- Oxidized low density lipoprotein decreases macrophage expression of scavenger receptor B-I.
- Authors: Han J, Nicholson AC, Zhou X, Feng J, Gotto AM Jr, Hajjar DP
- Issue date: 2001 May 11
- Hypochlorite-modified high density lipoprotein, a high affinity ligand to scavenger receptor class B, type I, impairs high density lipoprotein-dependent selective lipid uptake and reverse cholesterol transport.
- Authors: Marsche G, Hammer A, Oskolkova O, Kozarsky KF, Sattler W, Malle E
- Issue date: 2002 Aug 30
- Regulation of scavenger receptor, class B, type I, a high density lipoprotein receptor, in liver and steroidogenic tissues of the rat.
- Authors: Landschulz KT, Pathak RK, Rigotti A, Krieger M, Hobbs HH
- Issue date: 1996 Aug 15
- Regulation by vitamin E of the scavenger receptor BI in rat liver and HepG2 cells.
- Authors: Witt W, Kolleck I, Fechner H, Sinha P, Rüstow B
- Issue date: 2000 Dec
- The human breast carcinoma cell line HBL-100 acquires exogenous cholesterol from high-density lipoprotein via CLA-1 (CD-36 and LIMPII analogous 1)-mediated selective cholesteryl ester uptake.
- Authors: Pussinen PJ, Karten B, Wintersperger A, Reicher H, McLean M, Malle E, Sattler W
- Issue date: 2000 Jul 15