The effects of pelvic radiotherapy on cancer survivors: symptom profile, psychological morbidity and quality of life.
Davidson, Susan E
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractAs cancer survival rates continue to increase, it is important to maximise the quality of life of cancer survivors. Pelvic radiotherapy is a common cancer treatment. Bladder, bowel and sexual dysfunction are recognised side-effects of treatment, and yet relatively little is known of the extent to which they remain problems in the longer term when patients are often managed by primary care, nor of the psychological impact of symptoms and effects on quality of life. Therefore, the aims of this study were to estimate the prevalence of bladder, bowel and sexual dysfunction late effects in a sample of cancer survivors; assess the impact of time since treatment on symptom prevalence; and explore the relationship between symptoms, psychological morbidity and quality of life.
CitationThe effects of pelvic radiotherapy on cancer survivors: symptom profile, psychological morbidity and quality of life. 2014, 26 (1):10-7 Clin Oncol
- Symptoms, unmet needs, psychological well-being and health status in survivors of prostate cancer: implications for redesigning follow-up.
- Authors: Watson E, Shinkins B, Frith E, Neal D, Hamdy F, Walter F, Weller D, Wilkinson C, Faithfull S, Wolstenholme J, Sooriakumaran P, Kastner C, Campbell C, Neal R, Butcher H, Matthews M, Perera R, Rose P
- Issue date: 2016 Jun
- Health-related quality of life in early breast cancer.
- Authors: Groenvold M
- Issue date: 2010 Sep
- Fecal incontinence affecting quality of life and social functioning among long-term gynecological cancer survivors.
- Authors: Dunberger G, Lind H, Steineck G, Waldenström AC, Nyberg T, al-Abany M, Nyberg U, Avall-Lundqvist E
- Issue date: 2010 Apr
- The Three-item ALERT-B Questionnaire Provides a Validated Screening Tool to Detect Chronic Gastrointestinal Symptoms after Pelvic Radiotherapy in Cancer Survivors.
- Authors: Taylor S, Byrne A, Adams R, Turner J, Hanna L, Staffurth J, Farnell D, Sivell S, Nelson A, Green J
- Issue date: 2016 Oct
- Investigation of body image as a mediator of the effects of bowel and GI symptoms on psychological distress in female survivors of rectal and anal cancer.
- Authors: Benedict C, Rodriguez VM, Carter J, Temple L, Nelson C, DuHamel K
- Issue date: 2016 Apr