Phase II pilot study of intravenous high-dose Interferon with or without maintenance treatment in melanoma at high risk of recurrence.
Lorigan, Paul C
AffiliationNational Institute for Health Research Biomedical Research Centre, Oxford University Hospitals National Health Service Trust, Oxford
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractHigh-dose interferon alfa-2b (HDI) has emerged as a potentially effective adjuvant therapy in patients with resected melanoma at high risk of recurrence. Evidence suggests it may be the early, very-high-dose part of the regimen that is critical. This pilot study sought to provide an early indication of whether the same effects can be achieved with the intravenous component of HDI alone and inform the feasibility and design of a phase III trial.
CitationPhase II pilot study of intravenous high-dose Interferon with or without maintenance treatment in melanoma at high risk of recurrence. 2014, 32 (3):185-90 J Clin Oncol
JournalJournal of Clinical Oncology
- Randomized phase III study of 1 month versus 1 year of adjuvant high-dose interferon alfa-2b in patients with resected high-risk melanoma.
- Authors: Pectasides D, Dafni U, Bafaloukos D, Skarlos D, Polyzos A, Tsoutsos D, Kalofonos H, Fountzilas G, Panagiotou P, Kokkalis G, Papadopoulos O, Castana O, Papadopoulos S, Stavrinidis E, Vourli G, Ioannovich J, Gogas H
- Issue date: 2009 Feb 20
- Intermittent High-Dose Intravenous Interferon Alfa-2b for Adjuvant Treatment of Stage III Melanoma: Final Analysis of a Randomized Phase III Dermatologic Cooperative Oncology Group Trial.
- Authors: Mohr P, Hauschild A, Trefzer U, Enk A, Tilgen W, Loquai C, Gogas H, Haalck T, Koller J, Dummer R, Gutzmer R, Brockmeyer N, Hölzle E, Sunderkötter C, Mauch C, Stein A, Schneider LA, Podda M, Göppner D, Schadendorf D, Weichenthal M
- Issue date: 2015 Dec 1
- Prospective randomized multicenter adjuvant dermatologic cooperative oncology group trial of low-dose interferon alfa-2b with or without a modified high-dose interferon alfa-2b induction phase in patients with lymph node-negative melanoma.
- Authors: Hauschild A, Weichenthal M, Rass K, Linse R, Ulrich J, Stadler R, Volkenandt M, Grabbe S, Proske U, Schadendorf D, Brockmeyer N, Vogt T, Rompel R, Kaufmann R, Kaatz M, Näher H, Mohr P, Eigentler T, Livingstone E, Garbe C
- Issue date: 2009 Jul 20
- Tolerability of intensified intravenous interferon alfa-2b versus the ECOG 1684 schedule as adjuvant therapy for stage III melanoma: a randomized phase III Italian Melanoma Inter-group trial (IMI - Mel.A.) [ISRCTN75125874].
- Authors: Chiarion-Sileni V, Del Bianco P, Romanini A, Guida M, Paccagnella A, Dalla Palma M, Naglieri E, Ridolfi R, Silvestri B, Michiara M, De Salvo GL
- Issue date: 2006 Feb 27
- Two different durations of adjuvant therapy with intermediate-dose interferon alfa-2b in patients with high-risk melanoma (Nordic IFN trial): a randomised phase 3 trial.
- Authors: Hansson J, Aamdal S, Bastholt L, Brandberg Y, Hernberg M, Nilsson B, Stierner U, von der Maase H, Nordic Melanoma Cooperative Group.
- Issue date: 2011 Feb