Rationale and design of a UK database for a rare cancer type: the GEM Registry for gastrointestinal stromal tumours.
Leahy, Michael G
AffiliationCambridge University Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust, Cambridge, UK.
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractDespite advances in the management of and changes in clinical practice, little is known about the epidemiology, patterns of care and outcomes of gastrointestinal stromal tumour (GIST) patients in the UK. Patient registries are receiving increasing attention as they can provide important information on clinical practice and patient outcomes. The rationale and study design of the GIST Epidemiology and Management (GEM) Registry, which forms part of the routine clinical practice for GISTs in several UK centres, are described.
CitationRationale and design of a UK database for a rare cancer type: the GEM Registry for gastrointestinal stromal tumours. 2013, 109 (6):1403-7 Br J Cancer
JournalBritish Journal of Cancer
- The GOLD ReGISTry: a Global, Prospective, Observational Registry Collecting Longitudinal Data on Patients with Advanced and Localised Gastrointestinal Stromal Tumours.
- Authors: Barrios CH, Blackstein ME, Blay JY, Casali PG, Chacon M, Gu J, Kang YK, Nishida T, Purkayastha D, Woodman RC, Reichardt P
- Issue date: 2015 Nov
- Current incidence and outcomes of gastrointestinal mesenchymal tumors including gastrointestinal stromal tumors.
- Authors: Perez EA, Livingstone AS, Franceschi D, Rocha-Lima C, Lee DJ, Hodgson N, Jorda M, Koniaris LG
- Issue date: 2006 Apr
- Establishment of a web-based registry for rare (orphan) pediatric lung diseases in the United Kingdom: the BPOLD registry.
- Authors: Laverty A, Jaffé A, Cunningham S
- Issue date: 2008 May
- The German Acromegaly Registry: description of the database and initial results.
- Authors: Reincke M, Petersenn S, Buchfelder M, Gerbert B, Skrobek-Engel G, Franz H, Lohmann R, Quabbe HJ
- Issue date: 2006 Oct
- UK Renal Registry 11th Annual Report (December 2008): Chapter 14 UK Renal Registry and international comparisons.
- Authors: Boddana P, Caskey F, Casula A, Ansell D
- Issue date: 2009