Method validation of circulating tumour cell enumeration at low cell counts.
Krebs, Matthew G
AffiliationClinical and Experimental Pharmacology Group, Paterson Institute for Cancer Research, Manchester Cancer Research Centre, University of Manchester, Manchester M20 4BX.
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractCirculating tumour cells (CTC) are receiving increasing attention as prognostic, predictive and pharmacodynamic biomarkers in cancer patients. However, their clinical significance can be dependent on an accurate determination of CTC around cut-off values at low cell counts (<10 cells/7.5 ml). Consequently, we have conducted method validation of the CellSearch™ system focusing on clinical samples containing CTC in the cut-off region.
CitationMethod validation of circulating tumour cell enumeration at low cell counts. 2013, 13:415 BMC Cancer
- Optimisation of an immunohistochemistry method for the determination of androgen receptor expression levels in circulating tumour cells.
- Authors: Cummings J, Sloane R, Morris K, Zhou C, Lancashire M, Moore D, Elliot T, Clarke N, Dive C
- Issue date: 2014 Mar 28
- Enumeration, characterization, and collection of intact circulating tumor cells by cross contamination-free flow cytometry.
- Authors: Takao M, Takeda K
- Issue date: 2011 Feb
- Detection and Characterization of Circulating Tumor Cells by the CellSearch Approach.
- Authors: Coumans F, Terstappen L
- Issue date: 2015
- Enumeration of Circulating Tumor Cells and Disseminated Tumor Cells in Blood and Bone Marrow by Immunomagnetic Enrichment and Flow Cytometry (IE/FC).
- Authors: Magbanua MJM, Solanki TI, Ordonez AD, Hsiao F, Park JW
- Issue date: 2017
- Evaluation of two different analytical methods for circulating tumor cell detection in peripheral blood of patients with primary breast cancer.
- Authors: Jaeger BA, Jueckstock J, Andergassen U, Salmen J, Schochter F, Fink V, Alunni-Fabbroni M, Rezai M, Beck T, Beckmann MW, Friese K, Friedl TW, Janni W, Rack B
- Issue date: 2014